burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Fall Looks You’ll Love

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hampton U chapter.

It’s chilly in the morning and progresses into a warm afternoon, the trees have begun their natural transformation into an orangish look with a reddish touch; fall has arrived!

Most of the time seasons determine a woman’s mood. Winter is cold and dark; summer is hot and wild, spring is surprisingly peaceful with a small hint of hope. However, fall is a calm and definitely cozy mood; so here are just a few fall looks you’ll love this season.

Fall is the gateway into bootie season. They can be brown or black and with a slight heel it’s always a great look. For southern belles jeans and of course a flannel will do an outfit just fine. However, for my not so country girls, usually a leather jacket can replace a flannel for a cute look. Don’t be afraid to throw on a hat with a brim either! Allow your outfit to speak for your emotions and creativity, bad hair days included. Grab a pretty tote bag and you are good to go.

Riding boots are the essence of a fall look. They are an essential necessity for every girl; whether it’s a basic pair of brown suede boots or maybe black leather ones, a fall closet could never be complete without them. When deciding on an outfit, try building from the bottom, pick your boots first, and then decide on a pair of leggings and a loose fitting sweater. Don’t forget an accent piece of jewelry for a classic fall finish. Most riding boots will NEVER go out of style so let your collection grow as you do.

You can rock booties, jeans, a leather jacket and a flannel for a Saturday afternoon or riding boots, leggings and a sweater for some Friday fun! But for those on the business side of things, the fun doesn’t begin until the clock hits five so during the week try some of the following new ideas.

In most scenarios, you build an outfit based on the shoe; and for a business casual Monday, a riding boot or 3 inch suede bootie can clash with your office décor. Try a taupe brogue or a black loafer, a pair of colored skinny leg pants in orange, wine, or even green. Pair this look with a white button down. Don’t be afraid to add color! Make that dress code look fabulous. The thing is–anybody can dress but style comes from within! Make fall fit you not the other way around.

Jade is a young, vibrant and free spirited multi media journalist. Jade loves photography, traveling, sports, and hit television shows. If she's not strutting through the mall with a Starbucks cup in her hand, she's probably watching Netflix or crafting with her friends. Jade is a junior at Hampton University studying Mass Communications. She aspires to hold a television anchor position somewhere in America or write the next hit television show. Overall, Jade wants to display positivity to younger generations across the Nation through media. Aspire to Inspire. Sincerely, Just Jade. You can check out some of Jade's other work at the following link: http://jade-lawson.format.com/untitled-title-page
Lauren Hendricks is a Junior, Journalism major at Hampton University. When she's not busy studying, serving as a Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Hampton U or staying involved on Hampton's campus, she can be found at a local Starbucks, mall or on her yoga mat. Lauren is enthusiastic about community service and telling stories. Check here for blog posts and updates.