Fabulous Freshman: Lauren Kingsberry

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hampton U chapter.

Have you ever met someone so well rounded, and focused you wonder how they do it? A perfect example is Lauren Kingsberry! Lauren is a 1st year 5 year MBA major from Bowie, Maryland and this week’s Fabulous Freshman.

HC: Was Hampton your first choice school ? What are you involved in ?

Hampton was not my first choice school. However; I fell in love with Hampton during Honors Visitation weekend when I met my big, and got an academic scholarship. Im currently a part of NABA (National Association of Black Accountants), and serve as a peer mentor within the 5 year MBA major.

HC: How do you stay organized ?

I use Google Block scheduling and a planner.

HC: Often times freshman struggle with creating solid friendships, how has that gone for you ?

It’s been a little shaky, I have less friends spring semester than I did in the fall. I needed to find people that were conducive to my academic and professional life.

HC: Thoughts on the “Hampton man” ? Do you have a beau?

The Hampton Man has confidence and is very personable. I don’t think the Hampton Man is fully developed until Senior Year or even Graduate School. I do believe that there are some budding Hampton men now. And yes I do have boo!

HC: Fav Natural hair product ?

There is a tie between Cantu leave in conditioner and Garnier Fructis leave in conditioner.

HC: Favorite singer ?

Erykah Badu, hands down. My favorite song is love of my life with Common.

HC: Spring Break? Summer plan ?

I recently had 3 interviews, so hopefully those will convert to internships for the summer. But for Spring Break I’m going to work at Express, and apply to be rehired at Six Flags.

HC: It’s January 2019 and you are graduating in the spring what have you accomplished during your time at Hampton?

I will have my real estate license, and my tax app will be up and fully functioning. Also I will have a full time time offer from a big 4 accounting firm.

Watch out Hampton, Lauren is coming!

Socorro Kenoly is a senior, Strategic Communication major in Hampton University's Scripps Howard School of Journalism and Communications. Socorro is a proud Hamptonian hailing from Atlanta, Georgia.