This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hampton U chapter.

Everyone gets tired of always going to campus parties and only having a social life on campus. It really gets boring over time seeing the same people and hearing the same music, absolutely no variety! If you are searching for something new in your social life then try venturing off campus. Going off campus is a whole different world. People are different, vibes are different, and it’s really a unique experience. 

The first thing I did on my journey to find new places is simply search. Google is your ally, so start local and work your way out. I found this super hip place called SIX; it is only five minutes away from campus by car and seven minutes away from my house. SIX is a French bistro that serves hot and cold plates. My waiter was super friendly and explained the menu and how the food is served, and nothing on the menu was over 11 dollars! The service was fast and the food was great. What I liked most about this place was that it had TV to distract you, so if you like having a drink and conversation then SIX is the place for you!

The next place I tried was Venture! It is an amazing pizza place. It’s five minutes from campus by car, ten minutes walking but from my house only five minutes. Venture is located in downtown Hampton and it’s very easy to find. Venture is not your average pizza place, they serve European style pizza. I ordered a pepperoni pizza and a cocktail drink. I enjoyed everything! I love how small and intimate the setting was, I could hear my friends and I didn’t have to shout. The service was slow but I visited on a packed night. Try it out!

Never be afraid to try something new and find new places off campus. Learn to explore the town your school is located in because you never know what you might find. Your college is home for the next four years so get to know the local favorites in the areas around you and make adventurous memories!  

Bianca M. Brown was born and raised in Homewood, IL on August 9th, 1992. She is currently a senior Broadcast Journalism Major with a minor Theatre at Hampton University.