harits mustya pratama g4iBHZM sKY unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
harits mustya pratama g4iBHZM sKY unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Wellness > Mental Health

A Dose a Day Keeps the Stress Away

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hampton U chapter.

As the midterm season approaches and you slowly start to see your edges thin out and you begin to start crying more remember this: a dose a day keeps the stress away. I know that you are about to say, “Deja, what kind of dose are you talking about?” No, I am not promoting drug use. However, I am promoting my instagram blog @dejadailydose. And this is not just a self promotion for my blog, I will also be giving you tips and encouraging words on how to keep your mental health in check during this testing season. 

Deja’s Daily Dose promotes self love through motivational daily posts that remind everyone of their inner beauty within!

“The small steps still lead you closer to your goals.”

As you all are studying it is important to know that the smallest progression is still progression. You may not have gotten the best grades in the beginning of the semester, however, those tutoring sessions you have been attending and extra hours you took to read over notes bring you closer to passing those midterms. The effort you put in does not automatically qualify you to become a neurosurgeon however, it does place you closer to receiving that passing grade you are looking for.  

“Get focused you lose momentum every time you look back!”

Taking the time to actually sit and study is very difficult. Trust me, I am the first person to say  “let’s take a break” 5 mins into studying. However, in order to accomplish your goals this semester you have to push through and stay focused the whole semester. Just take everything one day at a time and tell yourself that you just have to get through the day the best way possible. Everytime you complete a task, just remember it is getting you closer to completing your goals and everytime you stop and look back you lose momentum. Take running for instance: if you turn around and look back then you’re slowing down, increasing the time it takes to reach the finish line. So hang in there, YOU GOT THIS!

“Get out your feelings and get in your bag!”

I know that the professors are really testing you. Balancing a social life, sleep, and schoolwork has you ready to unenroll in school and you probably have searched up “sugar daddies,” “how to become a stripper,” or even “ways to become rich without a college degree” in the last 24 hours. But wipe those tears and clear that search history! Just like the quote says – get out of your feelings and get in your bag, and in this case that degree is the bag. Think of where you would rather do your crying in a few years… in a Benz or on a bike? If it was easy, then everyone would get that degree but it is not so keep pushing and secure the bag. 

Hopefully, those doses of positive energy have reminded you all to take this midterm season by storm and ace it with ease. I know its HARD, I know you’re TIRED, but I also know YOU GOT THIS!

– Deja’s Daily Dose

Deja Dodson

Hampton U '23

Member of Her Campus Hampton U Chapter. I am a freshman Psychology major currently studying at the illustrious Hampton University. Subscribe to my youtube channel: Deja D, and check out my personal self love and motivational blog on Instagram: @Dejadailydose.
I have the privilege to serve as Campus Correspondent for the Her Campus Hampton U Chapter a second year! I am a graduating Senior, Strategic Communications major, Marketing minor currently studying at the illustrious Hampton University. I am from Richmond, VA (shoutout to the 804!). In addition to classes, I run my own creative agency, Tiana Nichelle Marketing where I specialize in social media management, content creation, public relations, and branding. My love for the PR and Communications industry is the reason my ultimate goal is to become a celebrity publicist in the upcoming years! Her Campus Hampton U is an organization that is near and dear to me and I am so happy to be a leader of this ELITE chapter!