freestocks 9rHgOVRdrDM unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
freestocks 9rHgOVRdrDM unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Wellness > Sex + Relationships

Don’t Miss Cuffing Season: 4 Keys to get Drafted

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hampton U chapter.

Just like that November has arrived. The summer flings and affairs are over. Ladies, it’s time to get serious. Cuffing season has arrived and just your luck we’re in the 1st round draft. Here’s your chance to get the Jay to your Bey and you can do so with these four tips!

1. Build your social media portfolio. Check, check, and double check your Instagram presence! Prepare your Instagram to be watched by your future hubby. Make sure you have a good balance of selfies and full body pics and to add a little “spice” throw in a couple of quotes that you live by so he’ll know exactly what he’s getting into.

2. Take inventory! As superficial as it may sound, your presence will be the first thing your “future baby” will see. Since it’s Fall, it’s the perfect time to stock up on all of your cute coats and sexy scarves. Taking inventory will help you to mentally prepare your outfits! Your boo will love a woman that keeps herself on “fleek”. Don’t pull out the sweats yet sis, unless it’s a cute fleece to show your poke.

3. Venture out! You can’t find your perfect shawty cooped in your room. Show off your extrovert skills, even if you are an introvert. Getting out will help you see the plethora of options that you have. “Pop out” like the sophisticated woman that you are and let not just your looks, but your personality shine.

4. Set your eyes on him! Ladies, we all know who we want. We’re all worth love, affection, and our perfect Prince Charming. And even better, he’s right in your grasp! Drop your subtle ‘It’s time to get to know me hints’ on your socials, at 12-2, or in your favorite math class. Whisper “sweet nothings” until he gets the picture. Take your time and don’t be discouraged if he doesn’t get it, sometimes it takes boys a little longer.

You can do it! Happy cuffing!

Jazmin Lee

Hampton U '20

Jazmin Lee is a junior, Biology major from the "Queen City" Charlotte, NC. Her hobbies include singing/writing music, reading everything from poetry to blogs, and of course......socializing. She is currently studying at the illustrious Hampton University.