ColourPop Collabs with Karrueche Tran: KaePop

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hampton U chapter.

We’ve all heard of Karrueche Tran. The fun-sized beauty popped on the scene a couple years ago when she began dating R&B singer/man of our dreams Chris Brown. Since then, Tran has made quite the name for herself by taking on a plethora of new roles. Recently, she has partnered with ColourPop Cosmetics to launch a new makeup line.

Karrueche dated Chris Brown on and off for five years until he shocked the world with news of his one-year-old daughter. After the breakup, Kae was determined to be more than just “Chris Brown’s ex”. The five-foot Wilhelmina model previously hosted BET’s 106 & Park and currently stars on an Emmy award-winning web show called “The Bay Series”. 

Her collaboration with Oxnard, California-based ColourPop will be called KaePop and will feature four eye shadows, three ultra matte lips, three lip pencils, two bronzers, and a stunning blush. Karrueche has often commented on how much she has a passion for makeup and her environment. In her news release announcing her line she stated,

“I am excited that ColourPop, and I have joined forces to create a collection benefitting an important organization in my life, the Environmental Media Association. My collection KAEPOP includes 10 high-quality, environmentally safe and affordable products inspired by my everyday beauty must haves!”

If you guys know anything about ColourPop, you know that none of their products are expensive. That’s why we love them! Their lip pencils and eye shadows are $5, lippies are $6, and blushes are $8. Individual products range from $5 to $9 and the entire collection is $72.

KaePop launches Febuary 4th and will be available exclusively 

Lauren Hendricks is a Junior, Journalism major at Hampton University. When she's not busy studying, serving as a Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Hampton U or staying involved on Hampton's campus, she can be found at a local Starbucks, mall or on her yoga mat. Lauren is enthusiastic about community service and telling stories. Check here for blog posts and updates.