This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hampton U chapter.

Sing along or jam to them as you decorate the tree! These R&B Christmas classics and hits should definitely be on your Christmas playlist this year.

“All I want for Christmas”- Mariah Carey

This is one of the most popular songs of the season. You will hear this catchy song in all of the malls and shops while Christmas shopping. You can’t help but to sing along with Mariah!

“8 Days of Christmas” –Destiny’s Child

This is the R&B rendition of the traditional “12 Days of Christmas”. Michelle, Bey and Kelly sing about all the glamourous Christmas gifts they received from their loves. The gifts range from a foot massage to a CLK Mercedes. Play this song for your boyfriend to give him some gift ideas.

“Let it Snow”Boyz II Men

“Let it Snow” is the best slow jam for a snowy night in with bae. Grab some hot chocolate, start a fire and enjoy the smooth and rich voices of Boyz II Men.

“I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Clause”- Jackson 5

It’s another traditional Christmas song that the Jackson family put their spin on.  You can’t help but fall in love with Michael Jackson’s innocent voice singing about his mommy kissing Santa.

“Someday at Christmas”-Stevie Wonder

If you listen to the lyrics this tune is not only celebrating Christmas but promoting peace during such a joyful time. Plus, its sang by the legendary Stevie Wonder. This song will always be relevant our world, even when it isn’t Christmas.

“Santa Baby”- Eartha Kitt

Eartha hit the jackpot with this one. This song is in rotation on  Christmas radio stations every year. It may have been written in 1953 but I believe we will never stop singing this during the holidays

Silent Night”-  The Temptations

There have been many covers of the classic “Silent Night”, however there is none like The Temptations’. Ranging from high pitch notes to Melvin Franklin with his unbelievably deep singing, The Temptations sang this tune like a lullaby.

“Merry Christmas Baby”- Charles Brown

Charles Brown is soulfully expressing his gratitude for his love through this Christmas song repeating “Merry Christmas baby, you sure did treat me nice.”

Sleigh Ride”- TLC

TLC gave us a real fun old school R&B feel for this song. Its definitely not your average Christmas song but it will put you in a dancing mood.

“This Christmas”- Donny Hathaway

This Christmas” will make you feel so great for the holidays. It creates the greatest atmosphere for holiday festivities with all your family.

Lauren Hendricks is a Junior, Journalism major at Hampton University. When she's not busy studying, serving as a Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Hampton U or staying involved on Hampton's campus, she can be found at a local Starbucks, mall or on her yoga mat. Lauren is enthusiastic about community service and telling stories. Check here for blog posts and updates.