Campus Cutie: Kristian Spraggins

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hampton U chapter.

This week’s Campus Cutie is no other than the one and only Kristian Spraggins! She is a Junior, Political Science Major on the Pre-Law Track from Alexandria, VA.  Her campus involvement includes the Greer Dawson Wilson Student Leadership Training Program, Hampton University Pre-Law Society, and the Political Science club. Who said you can’t be a leader and fashionable? lol

She sat down with us at HerCampus and told us all about her personal style and her ideal guy. Think it could be you? Keep reading to find out more about this fierce fashionista! Make sure to check out her blog and keep up with her on Instagram: @_iamsimplyk

HC: Who is your fashion inspiration?

CC: My fashion inspiration would have to be a couple of people honestly, but within my top 3 favorites I would have to go with my favorite bloggers: Kyrzayda Rodriguez (@kyrzayda_), Jessica Franklin (@heygorjess) and Miss Enocha (@missenocha) Go check them out for fashion inspiration! 

HC: How would you describe your personal style?

CC: I would describe my personal style as being very sleek with a pop of color. I am a firm believer in less is more! 

HC: Dream job?

CC: My dream job is to be a lawyer; however, I have a passion for fashion as well. I would love to work as a brand influencer one day, or for a high-end clothing line, in NYC to be exact. :) 

HC: If you could go on a date with anyone who would it be and why?

CC: If I could go on a date with anyone, I would like to go out with Drake. He has been my celeb crush since middle school lol… and I love his demeanor, and he seems like an overall good person. We would get along very well! 

HC: Trend(s) that should be left in 2016.

CC: Trends that should be left in 2016: To be completely honest, I can’t really think of a specific trend that I did not care for that much in 2016. If I really had to choose one I would choose the see through holed tops, it seemed like everyone was wearing them at one point. They are cute sometimes, but some people wore them out, and on top of that they wouldn’t wear the correct undergarments underneath… :( 

HC: Favorite Magazine?

CC: My favorite magazine is Teen Vogue.

HC: Favorite quote and what it means to you?

CC: My favorite quote is from Martin Luther King, Jr. “I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear” I fell in love with the quote in High School, when I won a MLK day competition for writing an essay on this quote. To me this quote means that it is easier to love someone, rather than hate them. Life is too short to hold grudges, and you block your blessings when you decide to hate rather than to love. (If the world followed this quote more often, the world would be a more peaceful place) 

HC: Describe your ideal guy.

CC: My ideal guy would be someone who is thoughtful, into God, smart with a lot of ambition, family oriented, fashionable, loving, thoughtful, literally the list could go on forever…

HC: What’s your biggest turn off?

CC: My biggest turn off would have to be someone who thinks they know EVERYTHING. There is always room to learn, so it bothers me when people think they know everything, and aren’t willing to learn from others. 

HC: Are you seeing/interested in anyone?

CC: oooo…idk if I should say ;) lol 

HC: What advice would you give to the freshman you?

CC: A piece of advice I would give my freshman self would have to be to not be so shy. I should have pushed myself more freshman year to come out of my comfort zone. I feel as if I would have been in a different place today, if I had pushed myself to be more outgoing. Everything happens for a reason, and now I am continuously learning and growing every day! 

Kierra Cole

Hampton U '19

22. Hampton U. Senior