Adia
Adia
Adia

Campus Cutie: Adia Samlal

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hampton U chapter.

Adia Samlal is a transfer student and Psychology major on the pre-medical track from Colorado Springs, Colorado at Hampton University. She is known for her unique style, free spirit, and warm personality. Read the full article to see why Adia is this week’s Campus Cutie!

Adia
Adia

HC: How has it been moving across the country to Hampton University?

AS: It hasn’t been hard adjusting at all, especially growing up with my parents in the military I am used to moving far distances often. Overall, I am enjoying this much freedom but rent gets a tad expensive. 

HC: What made you want to come to Hampton University?

AS: I wanted to come to Hampton University for obviously the diversity of black people because I came from a PWI. But Hampton has a different welcoming energy whether you’re physically on the campus or not. Everyone was friendly every time I would visit the campus, and watching my aunt get her Ph.D. from Hampton really solidified my decision.

HC: What do you hope to do after getting your degree?

AS: After getting my bachelor’s in psychology I plan to attend medical school, preferably abroad. Then, hopefully, become a Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist.

HC: What is your favorite quote?

AS: I don’t really have a favorite quote, but I do have a favorite poem! It is OCD -Neil Hilborn.

HC: What are some things you like to do in your free time?

AS: Some of my favorite things to do in my free time are sewing, riding my board, and cooking for my friends too!

Adia
Adia

HC: If you could pick any song to tell people about yourself, what would it be and why?

AS: My song of choice would be how my life is going at this moment in time, therefore my song is: Moving On and Getting Over x John Mayer. This song describes my life at the moment because I am not letting people’s energy alter mine, and therefore not putting any energy in situations that aren’t benefitting me.

I am Calyx Stover! A junior journalism major from Boiling Springs, South Carolina attending Hampton University. I love a good girl gang and HerCampus is the premier gang to join. I am excited to share my work and collaborate in the multimedia world.
I have the privilege to serve as Campus Correspondent for the Her Campus Hampton U Chapter a second year! I am a graduating Senior, Strategic Communications major, Marketing minor currently studying at the illustrious Hampton University. I am from Richmond, VA (shoutout to the 804!). In addition to classes, I run my own creative agency, Tiana Nichelle Marketing where I specialize in social media management, content creation, public relations, and branding. My love for the PR and Communications industry is the reason my ultimate goal is to become a celebrity publicist in the upcoming years! Her Campus Hampton U is an organization that is near and dear to me and I am so happy to be a leader of this ELITE chapter!