Campus Celebrity: Kyesha Wadlington

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hampton U chapter.

What is the definition of ambitious? Ambitious means having or showing a strong desire and determination to succeed. That is who Kyesha Lanae Wadlington is! Kyesha is a senior nursing major from Chicago, IL. With her nursing degree Kyesha plans to become a Pediatric Oncologist and work with the children with chronic illnesses. The South Side of Chicago is her main motivation to finish her undergraduate career at Hampton University so she can give back to the community through nursing and helping others. At Hampton University many people have probably seen Kyesha all over campus giving tours because she is a member of the Student Recruitment Team known as SRT. Kyesha is very involved in other organizations while maintaining a high GPA. Other activities Kyesha is involved in are the Freddye T. Davey Honors college program, Emerging Leader program at the Gloucester Institute, Student Nursing Association, Psalms 149 Praise dance ministry, and Illinois Department of children and Family Services Youth in Scholarship Program.

Kyesha has a rigorous course schedule in nursing but still manages to find time for the hobbies she loves. She enjoys volunteering her time with children ages 3-7 during after school care at Hampton Christian Elementary School. She recently started volunteering with Bon Secours Health Centers across the Hampton Roads areas, helping with free blood pressure and blood glucose checks for the community. Kyesha says she is the happiest when she is watching SpongeBob, hanging with friends, and when she isn’t consumed with the demands of the nursing school. Kyesha is a joy to be around and a positive role model and that is why she is a Campus Celebrity of the week!

Bianca M. Brown was born and raised in Homewood, IL on August 9th, 1992. She is currently a senior Broadcast Journalism Major with a minor Theatre at Hampton University.