Campus Celebrity: Joshua Perrin

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hampton U chapter.

­Joshua Perrin has a very familiar face around Hampton University’s campus. A native of Greenville, South Carolina Perrin is a Strategic Communications major and English minor. He is a co-chair for one of the largest organizations on campus, the Greer Dawson Student Leadership Program, also known as SLP. In addition to that he is the Associate Online Editor for the Hampton Script. Between these two organizations on campus and classes Joshua is very busy however he had time to chat with Her Campus Hampton U.

As a co-chair for SLP Perrin is the leader of a group within the organization. This group serves on certain committees for events that take place during the school year. He also meets with the faculty over the program to plan for future events.

Joshua’s duties as the Associate Online Editor for the Hampton Script is mainly organizing stories that are posted on the online edition of the Hampton Script. He also updates the many social media accounts with campus news, national news, and articles that are to be featured in the most recent edition of the Hampton Script.

Many of Perrin’s classmates deem him as “comical” and “hard-working.” However, all the work does not stop Perrin from having a good time.

Joshua Perrin plans on pursuing a career in journalism in the near future. He was an intern for Black Enterprise Magazine this past summer in New York City. The internship taught him a lot about the industry and helped him to mold a distinct path on which part of the industry he wishes to pursue.