Campus Celebrity: Daria Wigglesworth

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hampton U chapter.

This week’s Campus Celebrity is the beautiful Daria Wigglesworth, the CEO of the mink lash extension business, SheisLashed. There’s a high chance that you’ve seen her work around Hampton University’s campus. That classmate whose eyelashes you envied were probably done by Daria. Daria is a junior, Criminal Justice major from Prince George’s County, Maryland. We sat down with the business woman herself to get a few tips on starting a business and her favorite part of her doing lashes.

HC: What first made you interested in doing lashes?

Daria: Lashes were trending back home, and I thought it would be a convenient service to have on campus. The lash business is popping more now than ever. I’m happy I started doing lashes because it’s something I truly love to do. It’s like my little get-away after having to be in class all day.

HC: What was the hardest part about starting your lash business?

Daria: Honestly, the hardest part was trying to get clients when I first started. I was a little scared at first because I didn’t think anyone would come to me or trust me to work my magic on their lashes! It was a little bumpy in the beginning because you don’t start off at the top when you begin your business. It takes time to perfect your craft. I kept practicing and from there, I bossed up in the lash world. I still work to achieve and master, but I’m happy with what I’m doing!

HC: What is your favorite part about doing lashes?

Daria: Everything! From greeting the client and explaining the process, all the way until I’m finished and they look in the mirror with a huge smile on their face.

HC: How have you grown personally since starting your lash business?

Daria: I can truly say I have grown into being a better business woman. This is my first business and it feels so good to know exactly how to treat clients and others around me. My business is my best friend. Satisfying my clients’ needs and giving them exactly what they ask for is important. Personally, I am now more outgoing.

HC: What advice do you have for other women who want to start a business and brand?

Daria: Go for it! You never know what can happen and where you will end up. Whatever you do, don’t be scared and never give up even if things start to get stressful. Have faith and believe in yourself. Always have a positive attitude towards your business/brand because it’s apart of you.

I may be a little bit biased (seeing as she has done my lashes), but Daria’s warmth, kindness, and professionalism is what makes her lash business one of the best on campus — if not the best. If you ever feel like spicing up your look and want to try something new, hit up Daria!

SheisLashed instagram: @SheisLashed

Daria’s Personal Instagram: @Anyehavin

"I am learning everyday to allow the space between where I am & where I want to be to inspire me and not terrify me." Daisha Edmundson is a senior criminal justice major on the pre-law track from Raleigh, North Carolina. In addition to being a writer for HerCampus, Daisha is the Editor-in-Chief of the Hampton University Yearbook and the Secretary for Alpha Phi Sigma the Criminal Justice Honor Society. Next fall, Daisha will be attending law school in pursuit of her J.D.
creator.writer.blogger.journalist.sushi enthusiast. Victoria has been obsessed with writing since the days of journals and sneaking to read books under the covers. Her passion shows through each word that she carefully places into sentences, providing an experience that is nothing short of poetic and powerful. Read more of her work on her blog, quintessentiallyspeakingblog.wordpress.com