Campus Celebrity: Brandon Theo Dorsey

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hampton U chapter.

Type #AolSportSearch on twitter and countless memes and tweets supporting our very own, Brandon Theo Dorsey will immediately pop up. This week Theo, a senior broadcast journalism major and leadership studies minor had the amazing opportunity to compete for his very own sports show on AOL.  During this competition, Hampton University students and faculty tweeted, voted, and cheered on the aspiring sports personality as he competed against seven other contestants. Earning second place, Theo held his own despite being the youngest contestant.  He says he appreciates the support from Hamptonians and his hometown of Missouri City, Texas for inspiring and encouraging him to make it to the finals.

It is his passion, talent and drive that makes Dorsey this week’s campus celebrity. If you didn’t know already, Theo is one of the brightest and talented pupils representing the Scripps Howard School of Journalism and Communications. NBC Universal, Washington Times, and ESPN Radio are just some of the companies he has interned with. On campus he is one of the main news anchors for WHOV, a campus reporter for ESPNU Campus Connection Reporting and the Director of Athletic Relations for SGA. Not to mention a proud member of the Greer Dawson Wilson Student Leadership Training Program and William R. Harvey Leadership Institute. Despite his numerous successes he still maintains a humbleness and kindness that makes people naturally gravitate towards him. Theo aspires to eventually become the host and producer of his own sports show on a national television network. Without a doubt, Dorsey will be the next big name in sports entertainment. When he’s not slaying the competition, he enjoys playing 2K15 and laughing and hanging out with his friends. Follow Theo on twitter @BrandonTheoD!

Nia, raised in the suburbs of New York, is currently a junior psychology major who happens to minor in strategic communications. Her goal consists of one day being the next best attorney in fashion.When she's not writing research proposals or press releases, Nia enjoys cooking, exploring new things, community service and watching tutorials on YouTube.