Campus Celebrity: Alumnus Gerald Gordon Jr.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hampton U chapter.

Alumnus Gerald Gordon Jr. is a 2013 graduate of Hampton University. Gordon was a marketing major while at Hampton University but also well-known because of the many activities and organizations he was a part of. 

Gordon was in SLP (Greer Dawson Student Leadership Program) during his tenure at Hampton University. Here is where he made his mark being involved with the many events SLP is in charge of planning and attending.

During his junior year of college, Gordon along side other classmates created HU Underground (HUUG). HUUG is an organization that his heavily media-based on Hampton’s campus. HUUG covers events, write blog pieces on their website, and tweet daily about the many things that go on Hampton’s campus and with Hampton’s students.

Since last year, HUUG has grown tremedously in staff and with their overall brand. Gordon also interned with College Fashionista as a style guru. Gordon covered the “Let’s Hear It For the Boys” category for College Fashionista. Here he would capture stylish outfits and looks of the guys on campus. 

Upon graduating from Hampton University in Spring 2013, Gordon moved to New York City to pursue his dreams in the field of Public Relations. He currently attends NYU and is majoring in their Masters of Public Relations & Corporate Communications graduate program. Since living in the Big Apple, Gordorn has interned for Factory PR and now is currently interning with Ebony Magazine as a style intern.

Gerald Gordon Jr. has become an inspiration for many Hamptonians who following him. He shows the true meaning of hardwork and dedication and we are glad that he is one of many amazing Hampton University Alumni.

All photos courtesy of Gerald’s Instagram.