TV’s Diamond of the Season: Bridgerton Predictions

Updated Published
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hampton U chapter.

Dearest Gentlereaders, as all the streaming platforms are rushing to push out their new series and movies, the predicted diamond of the season, Bridgerton, is on its way with eight new episodes this May. This Netflix hit show will follow the highly anticipated Colin Bridgerton and Penelope Featherington plotline. Amidst all the excitement, comes endless expectations and predictions from fans worldwide, waiting to see what season three has in store. And as an avid watcher, I also have my hopes for this story as well.

If you keep up with the patterns of this series, you must know the infamous “Bridgerton Glow Up”, where a character goes from unsuspecting and cute to the absolute face of seduction. Based on the behind-the-scenes shots and teaser pictures, I can already tell this magic is in effect! I cannot wait to see the moment when Penelope ditches her yellow garments and pin-up curls for her new teal gowns and flowing hair. I want nothing more for our girl to be in her grown and sexy era, and giving the ton a run for their money.

Speaking of grown and sexy, the Penelope and Colin storyline is known to be one of the steamiest. From breaking furniture to getting down in carriages, the “Polin” stans will be well-fed this season. So to go along with the sensuality of these next episodes, I am predicting a soundtrack just as alluring. The Bridgerton string covers are iconic, to say the least, and I am hoping they take a page out of Queen Charlotte’s book with R&B covers added to the score. I know the producers are not prone to putting this genre in the show but I truly believe that this will add to the spice of the scenes. Just imagine the passion of Penelope and Colin’s first kiss with Daniel Caesar’s “Get You” in the background. Can you say perfection?

Putting aside the aesthetics and scoring of the show, the most important part of Bridgerton is the dialogue and tropes. During Penelope and Colin’s season, we get to enter the rousing territory of friends to lovers. This however will not be the smoothest transition based on the past words said by our poor, naive Colin. If viewers recall, at the end of season two Colin proclaims how he could never be caught courting Penelope Featherington. Penelope did not take that comment lightly and in a teaser clip, she was seen telling him off for his words, rightfully so.

Throughout season three, I need to see begging and groveling at a different level. Forgiveness is a hard thing to earn, so I hope to see Colin basically sweating after he’s done with his apology tour. This might make me sound like somewhat of a masochist but his emotional suffering is pivotal to my satisfaction as he sees Penelope get the attention that she deserves from a potential prospect. In addition to pleading, the jealousy in these next episodes must be off the chart. Both parties involved tend to ignore their true feelings about each other, so hopefully this will lead to dances and promenades that are catalysts to unadulterated envy.

From romance to drama, Bridgerton tends to hit the nail on the head and leave viewers wanting more. However, the suspense aspect of the Bridgerton series keeps watchers on their toes as well. In the case of Lady Whistledown, her mystery was solved at the end of season one. Penelope/Lady Whistledown’s identity, although known to the audience, is a well-kept secret that I believe will cause internal turmoil in her writings and love life. The reveal to Colin and potentially the rest of the Bridgertons will be one for the books.

While I still have questions on other plotlines like Benedict’s art explorations, Kate and Anthony’s time as viscount a viscountess, and if Violet’s “garden” is still in bloom, I will have to leave these ponderings alone until May. I cannot wait to tune in with the rest of the ton to see what my favorite 18th-century family has going on.

Paige Scavella

Hampton U '25

Paige Scavella is a journalism major and marketing minor from Miami, Florida. She attends Hampton University and hopes to tell stories that are true, engaging and personable. Paige enjoys music, reading and videography.