mario calvo S mEIfXRzIk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
mario calvo S mEIfXRzIk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hampton U chapter.

HAPPY BLACK HISTORY MONTH!

Though every day is a celebration of black history, we take this month to truly recognize and celebrate all that is and continues to be black history and our culture. After the discussion of the Grammy’s and their lack of acknowledgment of black artistry, I thought it would be best to put together a  playlist of music that contributes to our black culture. *Don’t be reading this making faces either! These some songs that I like to listen to.* 

The Box – Roddy Rich 

Getting Late – Syd 

GATTI- JACKBOYS, Pop Smoke & Travis Scott 

BOP- DaBaby 

BMO- Ari Lennox

Hip Hop – Mos Def 

If I Ruled The World -Nas feat. Lauryn Hill 

The Jump Off – Lil’ Kim

Trina -Smino

I Wanna Be Down – Brandy feat. Queen Latifah, Yoyo & Mc Lyte (Remix)

Willow Jones

Hampton U '21

Willow is a Criminal Justice major from Harlem, New York. Willow has hopes of becoming a criminal defense attorney. In her spare time, she loves writing and hopes to merge law and writing together in the future.
Jordyn Edwards is a graduating senior at the illustrious Hampton University studying strategic communications with an emphasis in liberal studies. Jordyn creates for others while being deeply motivated for her passion of storytelling and helping women find their voices.