The Best and Most Affordable Spring Break Destinations for College Students!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hampton U chapter.

Wondering where to go for Spring Break to get away from all the essays and papers? But you just can’t seem to find somewhere that is fun and affordable? Stay tuned and read more….I have a list of the best and most affordable spring break destinations for all of the college students out there!

1. Cabo San Lucas, Mexico! This Spring break destination is the best for west coast travellers who are looking for an escape, or anyone who is just in the mood for some sun! There are many all inclusive resorts, vacation rentals and cheap hotels. Cabo also has beaches with free access, and are known for their lively city streets! Make sure to grab some cheap-eats at some hole-in-the-wall taco spots downtown!

2. New Orleans, Louisiana! This spot is great for students who are looking for an epic nightlife mixed in with great southern food and charm! There are many quaint hotels in and out of the french quarter where students can enjoy their stay!

3. Atlantic City, New Jersey! This destination may not pack a lot of warmth during the spring break season, but it does have affordable hotels and a poppin nightclub and casino scene. There is also a boardwalk and nightly shows for all to see! If you want to stay at a casino they have rooms starting as cheap as 60 dollars.

4. South Padre Island, Texas! This destination offers some hotels for less than $100 a night! This is a hot spring break club destination with DJ’s at the beach and pool parties and  lively club night scene. This island is only around 30 miles from the Mexican border, students will get plenty of sunshine without having to leave the country!

5. Key West, Florida! This is a small beach town close to Miami. This is not your typical spring break destination,given there is less partying. Vacationers usally go to the museums and shop at the boutiques on Mallory Square. This offers a quieter spring break experience with multiple budget-friendly hotels.

6. Myrtle Beach, South Carolina! This beach has many affordable oceanfront hotels and appeals to college students on the east coast. This beach town offers sun, and a good club scene, and is a good place for students who are on a budget.

7. Bahamas! This one may come as a shock, but if planned well in advanced a Bahamas vacation or cruise is very affordable. Students can score deals on packages that combine airfare, lodging and activities.

8. Puerto Viejo, Costa Rica. Costa Rica is gorgeous, and can actually be relatively cheap for an international trip. There are limitless beaches, waterfalls repels, and of course ziplines! If booked early enough round trip tickets are around 300-400 dollars!

9. Daytona Beach Florida – Daytona Beach has many cheap hotels right along the beach. This is one of the most crazy and lively spring break vacations with college kids everywhere between the months of March and April. There are many spring break contests by the beach, and pool parties with Djs, and concerts to enjoy!

10. Ochos Rios, Jamaica. This place is known for its warm weather and sandy beaches and roundtrip tickets are around 200-300 dollars. Margaritaville is a favorite hangout for spring breakers. Searching for an adrenaline rush? Rent an ATV, go horseback riding, or go white river kayaking.

Her Campus Contributor Account 
creator.writer.blogger.journalist.sushi enthusiast. Victoria has been obsessed with writing since the days of journals and sneaking to read books under the covers. Her passion shows through each word that she carefully places into sentences, providing an experience that is nothing short of poetic and powerful. Read more of her work on her blog, quintessentiallyspeakingblog.wordpress.com