This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hampton U chapter.

We all know someone who goes out of their way to join every single club or organization to build up their resume and keep them busy. Is being involved in EVERYTHING on campus really a good thing? Think about it, it’s not only a physical strain trying to be everywhere at one time, it’s also a mental drain that can lead to stress and for some people, depression. Being busy cannot fix the problems that you have in your life, it will only cause your problems to exceed further.

While it is important to work hard and push yourself to success, it is not good to overwork your body and put a strain on your physical and mental state. Yes, I know that “an idle mind is the devil’s playground,” but you cannot overwork yourself to the point where you don’t even have time to properly sleep or eat each day. There is a difference between being busy and being overworked, as well as overwhelmed. The extra amount of stress you put on yourself by doing too much does not benefit your mind or body positively.

Our health, whether it is physical, mental, or emotional, is very important. When one element of our health is off, it effects the others. Take care of yourself and strive for success, but do not overwork yourself, enjoy your “me” time any chance you can!

Cashara Quinn

Hampton U '21

Cashara is a graduating senior Journalism major, Spanish minor from Chesapeake, Virginia. She will be a news producer at WFTX Fox 4 upon graduation. Her hobbies include playing the violin, dancing, and fashion. As Cashara continues to build her resume, she hopes to inspire young girls to work hard to achieve their goals and believes that anything is possible through Christ.
Ania Cotton

Hampton U '18

Ania is a charismatic, outgoing, fun loving individual with aspirations of owning her own public relations firm. Her favorite shows are Spongebob, Regular Show, and Bob's Burgers, and she loves to eat. Ania graduated from Hampton University in May 2018 with her Bachelors of Arts in Strategic Communications with a minor in Spanish. Ania loves to talk and give advice to her friends and family; the motto that she lives by is to always be a blessing to others because you never know who may need it. To learn more about her, visit her website at www.anianicole.com.