Battle of the Bay!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hampton U chapter.

It’s that time of the year again, that’s right Battle of the Bay! Battle of the Bay is a good ole rival between Hampton University and Norfolk State University. The rivalry between the two schools runs very deep. This year the basketball game was held at Norfolk State University on February 15th. Both Hamptonians and Norfolk State students came out to support their respective teams. Each school tries to prove which school is better with the competing of bands, cheerleaders, and school spirit while the basketball game is going on.

This year our Pirates took the win against the Spartans for both Men and Women’s basketball teams. The Lady Pirates blasted the Lady Spartans out the water winning their game 93-59. Later on for our Pirates it was a tough game that lead to overtime, but Hampton manage to with the final score being 79-73. It was a challenge to win but we are proud of our Pirates for showing those Spartans who’s the better school of the Bay.