Baby, This is Keke Palmer’s Baby Daddy: Who is Darius Jackson?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hampton U chapter.

Within the last few months there have been rumors and speculations on whether or not famous actress and singer, Keke Palmer was expecting her first child. During her first time hosting Saturday Night Live, on December 3rd, 2022, Keke Palmer addressed those rumors and confirmed them to be true. Palmer is expecting a child with her boyfriend, Darius Jackson.

who is darius JACKSON?

Darius Jackson, Keke Palmer’s boyfriend and father of the baby due to be born in the summer of 2023. Due to his lesser known status compared to his partner, who has been gracing our tv screens for decades, not much is known about the earlier years of Jackson’s life, except that he grew up playing various different sports, eventually he focused on football which earned a scholarship to Fresno State University. Jackson’s brother, Sarunas Jackson, who Issa Rae fans might recognize from playing Alejandro “Dro” Peña on hit HBO show Insecure from 2017-2021. Darius seems to take after his brother career and talent-wise, due to the fact that Sarunas also played sports before launching his acting career. He is a writer and considered a career in sports media and even received a certificate in broadcasting before getting into the entertainment world. He also launched a YouTube channel in the past and amassed over 19,000 subscribers.

On his Instagram, Jackson teased a few acting projects he’s been working on, including Dawn of the Predator which is currently in post-production.. He has also appeared on an episode of a TV series called Games People Play in 2019 alongside his brother, Karrueche Tran, and others.

RElationship WITH Keke Palmer

Thank God for Issa Rae! Darius Jackson and Keke Palmer were introduced to each other at Issa Rae and Diddy’s Memorial Day party last year. This was after Keke did a cameo on an episode of Insecure fifth season. The couple has kept their relationship on the downlow before going Instagram-official in August 2021. After noticing almost all of their photos together had been deleted this spring, speculations of a the couple’s breakup were circulating. Jackson and the Nope star reportedly started dating in May 2021. As Keke Palmer revealed in November of that year, she and her boyfriend enjoy casual date nights, such as watching movies at drive-in theaters or finding something to do with an old school vibe.

thoughts on the Big reveal

After Keke Palmer broke the internet by revealing her baby bump while hosting on SNL, Darius Jackson confirmed he was the father of the baby in an Instagram story, sharing a photo of Keke holding her pregnant belly with the caption “2023”. He has yet to release any statements, but has continued to show his support for Keke and their journey to having a child through his social media platforms.

Serenity Smith

Hampton U '24

Hi!! I'm a graduating senior at Hampton University majoring in psychology with a premedical concentration from Prince George’s County, Maryland. I'm passionate about mental health and writing. My most creative outlet is writing poetry, but I have a newfound love of writing articles about topics important to me.