Awesome DIY Halloween Costumes!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hampton U chapter.

Do you know what you want to be? Will you be a creature of the night or a fantasy character? Halloween is about being creative so why not make your own costume. Here are three inexpensive ideas to help you this Halloween. 

1. Minion

Rally up the troops! You and your girlfriends can be Despicable Me minions. All you need are yellow beanies and black gloves from Wal-Mart, overalls from Forever 21, a yellow top from Michaels, and black boots! Have fun being this adorable characters!

2. Grape

Why not be healthy this Halloween? Be a Grape! For this costume you need fake leaves, purple or green balloons, tape, and a long dark color shirt from Michaels. Get a pair of dark tights from any clothing store and wear some flats. You’re guaranteed to be the healthiest thing in the room!

3. Hunger Games Katniss Everdeeen

Need a strong female look! Then Katniss is your girl! If you want to go for Katniss’s outside look from Hunger Games then find a black windbreaker, black t-shirt, and dark green pants from a thrift store. Grab some black combat boots from payless and go to Wal-Mart to find a bow and arrow to complete your look. Don’t forget to braid your hair to the side just like Katniss. This outfit is sure to get you cool points! 

Bianca M. Brown was born and raised in Homewood, IL on August 9th, 1992. She is currently a senior Broadcast Journalism Major with a minor Theatre at Hampton University.