Athlete of the Week: Jermaine Marrow

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hampton U chapter.

This week’s Athlete of the Week goes to the handsome Jermaine Marrow. He is a   sophomore Liberal Arts major from Newport News, Virginia. He was announced as MEAC Basketball Co-Player of the Week. Jermaine is an amazing person who enjoys playing NBA 2K and reading. Jermaine is a funny, loving, caring, and social person, and he plays for the amazing Hampton Basketball team as a point guard/ shooting guard.

HC: Who is your favorite song artist?

JM: Chief Keef.

HC: What is your biggest fear?

JM: My biggest fear is losing someone close to me.

HC: How long have you been playing basketball?

JM: I have been playing basketball for about 15 years now. I started playing basketball when I was 5 years old.

HC: Did you plan to play basketball at Hampton University?

JM: Well, Hampton was my first basketball offer when I was in the 8th grade so they were always in the back of my mind. I’m from the Newport News/Hampton area so it was always an option.

HC: What is your position on the Hampton Basketball team?

JM: I play point guard/ shooting guard.

HC: Would you ever want to become a professional basketball player?

JM: Yes, becoming a professional basketball player is my dream. I would love to have the chance to play professional basketball

HC: Were you ever put in a situation where you had to get aggressive on the court?

JM: Yes always! You have to be aggressive on the court because if you aren’t the other team will be.

HC: How do you juggle school, practice, games, and a social life?

JM: Well, at first it was tough for me to juggle everything but I managed to have good time management.

HC: How well do you handle stress?

JM: I handle stress well. My father always taught me how to bounce back from anything that is frustrating you.

HC: What is your relationship status?

JM: I’m single.

HC: What is the strangest thing you believed in as a child?

JM: The strangest thing I believed was if you stayed up past 12 AM then a monster would come get you.

HC: What is your favorite saying?

Jermaine: My favorite saying is, “tyed” meaning, “you ugly!”

HC: What is your strongest sense? If you had to give up one, which would it be?

JM: My strongest sense is smell, but if I had to give up one sense it will be my sense of smell.

HC: What single event that is going on in the country concerns you the most?

JM: A single event that concerns me the most in this country is the Colin Kaepernick situation. I support what Kaepernick did and he did everything right for what he believed in.

You can follow Jermaine on Twitter, Snapchat @Mayno_10, and on Instagram.

I am a Junior Strategic Communications major, marketing minor from Columbia, Maryland. I enjoy listening to music, hanging out with friends, dancing, writing, and doing anything that is fun. My dream job is to own my own Pubic Relations firm/agency. I know in order to succed this goal I need to be confident, strong, savvy, dedicated, and smart. I am passionate about anything I put my mind to and any task I am assigned. Right now I am planning to write my own Childeren's Book and hopefully be published.
Ania Cotton

Hampton U '18

Ania is a charismatic, outgoing, fun loving individual with aspirations of owning her own public relations firm. Her favorite shows are Spongebob, Regular Show, and Bob's Burgers, and she loves to eat. Ania graduated from Hampton University in May 2018 with her Bachelors of Arts in Strategic Communications with a minor in Spanish. Ania loves to talk and give advice to her friends and family; the motto that she lives by is to always be a blessing to others because you never know who may need it. To learn more about her, visit her website at www.anianicole.com.