7 Things to look forward to in 2016

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hampton U chapter.

Finally, 2016 is here and we couldn’t be more excited for what this year has to bring. There’s the big Presidential Election, new adventures, new music from our favorite artist, movies and so much more. I for one couldn’t be any more excited for what’s to come. Here are just a few things that I’m sure we are all looking forward to this year.

1.)   The Summer Olympics:

The Olympics is one of the most talked about events to watch during the summer. With fan favorites such as gymnastics, beach volleyball, swimming and many more, it’s sure to be epic. This year, the Olympics will take place in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil from August 5th to August 21st.

2.)   The Presidential Election:

As heartbreaking as it is to realize that the Obamas will be leaving soon, we have to be sure to partake in this next election. Many of us college students are finally able to vote this year. Just make sure to vote wisely, your vote is truly important. We wouldn’t want the wrong candidate (i.e. Donald Trump) to wind up in office.

3.)   IPhone 7:

With the recent release of the iPhone 6s, customers are even more excited for the highly anticipated iPhone 7 to be released since the 6s was a bit of a disappointment. However, with the news that the 7 will not have a headphone jack, sales just might plummet. Seriously, the headphone jack is the most important part, how am I supposed to listen to my music? There’s a reason people need headphones, to avoid people talking to them, and for those walks across campus.

4.)   Spring Break:

Whether you’re going on vacay to the Bahamas with your friends or just spending time with your family and friends, spring break is always guaranteed to be a good time.

5.)   Summer:

I’m pretty sure that almost everyone loves the summer. Whether it’s the no homework aspect, going to the beach, that internship you’ve been after or just lounging on the couch all day, summer is sure to be exciting.

6.)   The Unexpected:

Whether it is getting an exciting job, making new friends or a new pet, 2016 is definitely going to bring some exciting opportunities into your life.

7.)   Good times spent with family and friends:

Above all, be sure to spend time with your family and friends. Be optimistic and reject all the negativity in your life. Live in the moment, and don’t look too far into the future. You’ll be happy you did.

Abby Idisi

Hampton U

Lauren Hendricks is a Junior, Journalism major at Hampton University. When she's not busy studying, serving as a Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Hampton U or staying involved on Hampton's campus, she can be found at a local Starbucks, mall or on her yoga mat. Lauren is enthusiastic about community service and telling stories. Check here for blog posts and updates.