6 Places to Find Costumes on a College Girl Budget

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hampton U chapter.

Still trying to figure out where to get your Halloween costume?

Don’t worry we got you! Great Halloween costumes are all about creativity. Here are some great places to find what you need to make your costume pop for the low.

1. Boohoo.com is known for all of its great trends for great prices. This site has tons of accessories essential for creating the perfect costume.

2. Fashionnova.com has almost 50 different costumes such as superheroes, ninjas, cheerleaders, mermaids, and even matching his and her pirate and firefighter costumes! The costumes range from $9.99 to $34.99 — not bad for a whole outfit.

3. Asos.com has tons of Halloween themed clothing like skeleton shirts, clawed button-downs, and pumpkin covered pants. Asos is also a good place to find party decorations and favors like bat drink stirrers, moon shaped balloons, and masks. Halloween makeup with different colors lipsticks, face paint, and spray on fake blood can be found as well. Shop Asos when looking for detail.

4. If you are in the Hampton Roads area, Spirit is just around the corner. Spirit is an Halloween store located in the Peninsula Town Center full of spooky costumes, masks, and props. This “Halloween headquarters” has costumes from shows like The Walking Dead, PowerPuff Girls, and American Horror Story. You can find almost any prop here.

5. Forever21.com has an entire collection called ‘Into The Night’ dedicated to Halloween. The collection is full of accessories like headbands, fishnet tights, and hats for low price ranging from $3.43 to $15. This collection is also stocked with pieces to complete your outfit like furry tube tops, oversized button-ups, and leather skirts. If you have a certain look in mind, try checking out Forever 21’s ‘Into The Night’.

6. Karmaloop.com is known for its great deals on name brand clothing lines. This makes it a great site great for creating a costume. There is an entire section on the website dedicated to Kanye and Kim Kardashian-West style clothing, as well as other sections like Bonnie and Clyde with matching his and her urban gear. Karmaloop is a good place to find clothes when planning to dress like a celebrity for Halloween.

Finding the right pieces to make your perfect Halloween costume can be difficult, hopefully, these places will make it easier. Happy Halloween and slay queens!

Hi! I'm Aria, a sophomore Strategic Communication Major from NY.
Ania Cotton

Hampton U '18

Ania is a charismatic, outgoing, fun loving individual with aspirations of owning her own public relations firm. Her favorite shows are Spongebob, Regular Show, and Bob's Burgers, and she loves to eat. Ania graduated from Hampton University in May 2018 with her Bachelors of Arts in Strategic Communications with a minor in Spanish. Ania loves to talk and give advice to her friends and family; the motto that she lives by is to always be a blessing to others because you never know who may need it. To learn more about her, visit her website at www.anianicole.com.