5 Types of Friends To Be Thankful For This Thanksgiving

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hampton U chapter.

November is normally associated with the holiday of Thanksgiving. It’s the time we get together with our loved ones and enjoy each other’s presence. During this short break, we’ll be away from the people who we see every day – our friends! So this thanksgiving, I’m thankful for five types of friends.

The Motivator

This is the friend who is always pushing us to go further, and become a better person. They are the ones who say things like “Keep your eyes on the prize,” or “Girl, you’ve got this. Don’t stop now!” This girlfriend is the one who probably knows your work ethic better than you do when it comes to working out or even school work. She’s there to help build you up when your confidence is low. So just listen to her when she says “we’re all going to prosper, just wait till we graduate.”

The Jokester

This chick right here is nothing but laughs. She always finds a good tickle in any situation. Don’t get me wrong, she can be serious, but I’m sure after about 10 minutes she’s laughing about something. For instance, you could be getting yelled at about not cleaning the kitchen. Right after your mom slams the door, she busts out laughing. Even if she was getting yelled at, she’s right there giggling.

The Honest One

Now this friend keeps it more than 100 with you. She’s the one who will give the brutal truth whether you like it or not. She doesn’t care if people do or don’t like her because she’s confident in herself and keeps it completely honest. Also, when it comes to needing a different perspective on situations, you can truly depend on her. This one will give you her opinion and more than what you initially asked for.

The Generous One

She’s the sweetest of the bunch. She’ll do anything for her friends, and puts herself before others. She loves to give instead of receive, and has a heart of gold. She views her friends as family away from home. She wants the best for herself and her sisters, whether it’s with love or success.

The Energetic One

This girl here is a firecracker! She’s steady finding different things to get into because she doesn’t want to sit in the dorm all day. She is always on the go, 24/7. It could be for business purposes or to go have some fun after a long day. She finds time to do a little bit of shopping and sleeping in the same breath.

These five types of girls may be in your circle, or they may not. Nevertheless, they’re in my circle and I’m thankful for each and every one of them. A few may be able to fit under a couple of the descriptions. But their title as a friend will always come first. 

Lauren Hendricks is a Junior, Journalism major at Hampton University. When she's not busy studying, serving as a Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Hampton U or staying involved on Hampton's campus, she can be found at a local Starbucks, mall or on her yoga mat. Lauren is enthusiastic about community service and telling stories. Check here for blog posts and updates.