This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hampton U chapter.

It’s officially Fall and we are jumping straight into October. This is the time of year when we transition from Summer to Winter. Fall calls for cooler temperatures, warm drinks and some of the best outfits of the year. If you ever found it challenging to find different family bonding activities when the seasons change, we have some for you.

1. Fright Fest

We all know Halloween falls in the month of October and what’s a better way to celebrate than being spooked. A perfect family outing that’s both fun and scary is Fright Fest. This event lasts at Six Flags from September to early November, which leaves you plenty of time to go visit. Find one near you and enjoy the rides and haunted houses.

1. Pumpkin Patch

Some pumpkin patches are really fun but it’s important to find a good one. It’s not just a good background for your photos but a place to experience family bonding. Along with picking pumpkins and fall decor, pumpkin patches usually has hayrides, corn mazes, and sometimes bouncy houses. 

1. Apple Picking 

Another nature outing perfect for family bonding is apple picking. Although we go to pick apples, there are other foods and animals to see at a farm. Try to keep the phones away and appreciate family time.  

1. A Night In 

The best way to make a night in with the family during the fall fun is to get creative. Food is always a great idea. So, bake some Halloween or Fall themed treats. Get the family into the living room to build the best fort possible. Pick three of your favorite movies and enjoy the night with your family. Oh, and don’t forget to make some hot chocolate.

1. Picnics

Picnics are a perfect family outing. Even though it’s October, the weather is still warm in some states. Grab some blankets and a bag or a basket, then fill it with food and drinks. The main attraction of a picnic is food but there are other fun activities you can do. If you have the supplies for it, why not have a sack race, play a board game, a card game or a mini sports game.

Kiana Goshorn

Hampton U '21

Kiana Goshorn is a junior strategic communication major from New York. Her interest includes marketing and event planning.
I have the privilege to serve as Campus Correspondent for the Her Campus Hampton U Chapter a second year! I am a graduating Senior, Strategic Communications major, Marketing minor currently studying at the illustrious Hampton University. I am from Richmond, VA (shoutout to the 804!). In addition to classes, I run my own creative agency, Tiana Nichelle Marketing where I specialize in social media management, content creation, public relations, and branding. My love for the PR and Communications industry is the reason my ultimate goal is to become a celebrity publicist in the upcoming years! Her Campus Hampton U is an organization that is near and dear to me and I am so happy to be a leader of this ELITE chapter!