jakob owens B5sNgRtYPQ4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jakob owens B5sNgRtYPQ4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

5 Things We Want to See in 2016

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hampton U chapter.

I’ve heard many people say that 2015 was the best year of their lives. On the other hand, I’ve heard even more people say it was the worst year of their live. Awkward! One thing we can all agree on is that 2015 is over, and it’s time to look forward to the great year we have ahead of us. Here are just a few things I hope we get to see in 2016.

1. Less Donald Trump: I feel like this one is self-explanatory. He’s misogynistic, he’s racist, and he fails to uphold basic American values. While I highly doubt he has the ability to run the country, I can’t deny that Mr. Trump has a knack for running successful businesses. Lets hope in 2016 he goes back to doing just that.

2. More Michael B. Jordan: I’m sure we’re all on the same page with this one. The man is just as attractive as he is talented. He had me deep in love after seeing him in movies like That Awkward Moment and Creed. I know we’re all hoping we get to see more of this beautiful man in the year to come.

3. Another 1.5 billion dollar lottery: I know we’re all still getting over the fact that we didn’t win (unless you’re the guy who won in which case, congrats!). I’m just thinking about the student loans I could have paid off, the Fashion Nova shopping sprees, the new Range Rover that was supposed to be sitting in front of my apartment. Let’s just move on; I’m getting emotional again…

4.  Loyal Men: Say it with me ladies! The whole “side chick”/”main chick” debacle is so 2015. This year I want to see you beautiful and talented ladies only give your time to men who deserve it.

5. An amazing turnout for the 2016 Presidential Election: Whether you prefer someone to continue President Obama’s legacy or prefer someone with a completely different plan, PLEASE go out and vote! This generation has so much power, and we don’t even realize it. Our opinions matter, and we need to ensure that they are heard

Lauren Hendricks is a Junior, Journalism major at Hampton University. When she's not busy studying, serving as a Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Hampton U or staying involved on Hampton's campus, she can be found at a local Starbucks, mall or on her yoga mat. Lauren is enthusiastic about community service and telling stories. Check here for blog posts and updates.