Hampton female student showcasing fall outfit ideas
Photo by Kemia Bridgewater
Style

5 Fall-ready Outfits With Kemia BridgeWater

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hampton U chapter.

Kemia Bridgewater is a 2nd-year Criminal Justice major on a Pre-law track from Detriot, Michigan. At the illustrious Hampton, the Miss Sophmore attendant’s Instagram will quickly show she has a fashion aesthetic all on her own. Chic neutral looks showcasing timelessness, but she isn’t afraid of the occasional bright pop of color now and then. Of her penchant for style, she states, “ My grandmother inspired me, I’ve always admired her style.” Aside from her grandmother, Kemia’s style is also influenced by Olivia Pope, the fictional character from ABC’s Scandal series. “I loved her belted coat and heels and signature suits.” Kemia also says she gets her inspiration from the late Audrey Hepburn, the film and fashion icon and fashion trends from the 1950s and ‘60s.“ I love old-timing movies, so when I would watch her movies, I would say, “Oh, I like her style! That era where they wore hats, gloves, and paired with dresses. I just loved that historical fashion!”

With the fashionista consistently slayings for the ‘gram and Fall quickly arriving onshore, it was only right Kemia gives us the scoop on how we can put together some fall-ready outfits and where to find them. 

Outfit One

Though the days of hot weather have come to an end, this orange- ochre Poplin Shirtdress is perfect for a midday brunch or an evening social party, paired with a coat if it becomes chilly. To top the simplistic look, Kemia sported white laced strapped heels. The Shirtdress can be found at Zara, while the heels are available on the UK-based retail store, PrettyLittleThing.

Outfit Two

One trend that always seems to make its comeback around these times is Leather. This year is no different; this casual fabric resurges in jackets, dresses, and skirts. For her second look, Kemia styles herself with a faux leather top & pants set in the color, matte burgundy, along with white heels. These pieces can be purchased on Zara and PrettyLittleThing.

Outfit Three

In a trench-coat statement look, Kemia wears a long-sleeve magnolia- beaded sweater paired with high waisted straight leg jean. She adds a beige boots heels and a similar colored fedora hat to play off her favorite neutral colors. The third outfit is complete with a cream long faux fur coat and a signature Louis Vuitton clutch purse. The fall-ready items can be found on Zara(Sweater), Akira (Jacket), Boohoo(Jeans), Ego Shoes (heels), and Louis Vuitton ( Purse).

Outfit Four

The vintage trend is also making a return, with many of us backing out our grandparent’s old baguette bags, plaid flannel shirts, and cross oversized color pants from the ’90s-era can be seen traveling through social media. Following the surge of this comeback trend, Kemia put together a dark-toned denim outfit with a black beret hat, Long sweater, thigh-high boots, black shirt paired with a retro-cat eyed sunglasses. These pieces from the look can be purchased from Pretty Little Thing (Hat), Forever 21 (Glasses), Long Sweater Guess ( 2004- a vintage piece from my grandma’s closet), Missguided (Boots).

Outfit Five

Lastly, channeling her inner Olivia Pope style, Kemia fall-inspired looks consist of a sharply tailored pant set, white heels, gloves, and topped over with edge retro sunglasses. These pieces can be found in Sorella (Glasses), Zara (Top: Pants), BCBGeneration(Shoes), and Fashion Nova (gloves).

Though Kemia has no aspiration of pursuing a career in the fashion world, she is still hoping to bring her looks to the courthouse as she practices her law degree. When asked what her advice would be for those looking to get into fashion, she responds, “Figure out what your fashion style is and follow accounts on social media with that particular style for inspiration.”

Yveneka Lestin is a writer and freelance publicist working to amplify unheard voices and personalities through visibility. She has navigated a variety of public relations campaigns which resulted in securing media placements in Forbes, CNN, Today’s Show, and Teen Vogue. She calls many places home, including NYC where she grew up, and Virginia where she attends Hampton University. In addition to being an avid writer and reader, Yveneka is a foodie and a loving aunt to her nieces.
I have the privilege to serve as Campus Correspondent for the Her Campus Hampton U Chapter a second year! I am a graduating Senior, Strategic Communications major, Marketing minor currently studying at the illustrious Hampton University. I am from Richmond, VA (shoutout to the 804!). In addition to classes, I run my own creative agency, Tiana Nichelle Marketing where I specialize in social media management, content creation, public relations, and branding. My love for the PR and Communications industry is the reason my ultimate goal is to become a celebrity publicist in the upcoming years! Her Campus Hampton U is an organization that is near and dear to me and I am so happy to be a leader of this ELITE chapter!