This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hampton U chapter.

Fall is officially here! It’s time to drink pumpkin spice lattes, apple cider and get ready for the cool weather that brings Thanksgiving! However, what’s Fall without Fall fashion? Here are 5 Fall fashion essentials that you need to make sure are in your closet for the breezy weather that’s ahead!

1. Leather Jackets

This is one of my favorite pieces. A leather jacket is a must have in your closet because it can go with literally anything you already own. Also, you can throw it over any blouse and it can add more style and edge to your fall fits.

1. Cardigans

Cardigans are another fall fashion essential because not only are they cute, but they are comfy as well. Cardigans are especially a necessity because on really cool days wearing a cardigan keeps you warm, without having to wear a coat. The best way I would describe wearing a cardigan is that it’s almost like wearing a blanket! It keeps you nice and cozy while still looking cute.

1. Hoodies

I absolutely love hoodies! They are one of my favorite pieces of clothing to wear on a chilly fall day when it’s just one of those lazy days. Hoodies are a must have because they are so versatile and can go with anything. When you’re rushing to get to your morning class you can wear a hoodie with your favorite pair of jeans. Or (a personal favorite) pair a hoodie with some leggings and you’re good to go!

1. Knee high boots

Knee high boots can dress up any casual outfit. For me personally, I put on my knee high boots with my favorite sweater and automatically feel a confidence boost. I suggest that you own a pair of black and brown knee high boots just because you could match those colors to  anything that you may already have in your wardrobe.

1. Jean Jackets

Last, but certainly not least, jean jackets are a statement piece because denim can go with anything. Another reason why jean jackets are a fall essential is because you can wear one over top of your favorite blouse or hoodie to look extra fashionable. Just like all jeans don’t come in the same color, jean jackets don’t either! You can find jean jackets in light blue, dark blue, and even black! Also, be unique and try to find some jean jackets that are distressed and have graphic designs as a statement piece.

While you’re experimenting with new fashion trends and putting these statement pieces with your outfits this fall remember: “Confidence. If you have it, you can make ANYTHING look good.”

Avari Fauconier a graduating senior, criminal justice major from Staten Island, New York. She enjoys drawing and writing in her spare time. Avari is also hoping to have a career as an FBI agent. She is a strong believer in self love and not letting fear or insecurities keeping you from trying new things.
creator.writer.blogger.journalist.sushi enthusiast. Victoria has been obsessed with writing since the days of journals and sneaking to read books under the covers. Her passion shows through each word that she carefully places into sentences, providing an experience that is nothing short of poetic and powerful. Read more of her work on her blog, quintessentiallyspeakingblog.wordpress.com