5 Fall Fashion Essentials

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hampton U chapter.

Fall weather is upon so you know what that means: bold colors, chilly weather, and homecoming! With that being said, we must stock our wardrobes and prepare to slay on campus! In order to do that we need to discuss some essential items that every girl needs in her closet for the season.

1. The Leather Jacket

I believe the leather jacket can never fail you. It’s so easy to dress up or dress down. You can pair it with your favorite sweatsuit from PINK  and your favorite pair of Uggs. You could also change it up with a fancy dress shirt and your favorite jeans. Leather jackets come many different colors and textures and to match your style. They are also good for layering with sweaters when wintertime rolls around.

2. The Leather Boot

The leather boot is definitely a fall necessity. Boots add a little more flare to the outfit and really help you create the perfect fall fit. Over the knee boots have become very popular as well ankle boots. The great things about either pair of boots is that you can rock with it just about anything, jeans, skirts, dresses you name it!

3. The Perfect Sneaker

It’s necessary to have at least 1 cute pair of sneakers is your closet. You can still be a curly girl and rock a killer pair of kicks.  Sneaker are good for when you want to dress down, or even with you wanna dress up but still be comfortable in flatter shoes. Shoe brands are becoming a lot more creative with their sneakers adding more vibrant colors and stylish details to appeal to everyone preference. Checkerboard Vans are really on trend this year as well as a variety of sporty styles from Adidas, and we can’t forget about the Fenty Puma collection from Rihanna.

4. The Boyfriend Jean

This is a key staple item and you can pair boyfriend jeans with ankle boots and a bomber jacket. Boyfriend jeans fit a little looser and give you more room to move around. You want to make sure to keep the rest of your outfit fitted so the outfit as a whole doesn’t look to baggy. You can find boyfriend jeans just about anywhere in your local mall, some popular stores where you can find the perfect pair for an affordable price include  Zara,  Forever 21 , and Levi’s. You simply can’t go wrong with a chic pair of boyfriend jeans.

5. The Graphic Tee

This was a trend that became pretty popular last season and is still a current favorite. The great thing about graphic tee’s is that options are endless when finding the perfect one for you. Whether you want to dress down in legging or have a night on the town and pair it with a skirt, t-shirts always add that casual chic vibe to whatever you’re wearing. With so many new t-shirt brands on the market, there are so many different patterns, cuts, and colors to choose from. So it’s good to have a few stylish t-shirts in your closet.

Hopefully these pieces help you as you’re styling your fall wardrobe – happy styling!

Kelsey Crimiel is a Junior strategic communications major, marketing minor from northern Virginia. She is very active on campus, and serves as a YouTube correspondent for Her Campus HamptonU. Kelsey is also a College Girls Inc. ambassador, a member of the junior class executive council, and a member of Q.U.E.E.N. mentoring program. She hopes to one day work in the music industry as a Publicist and Event Coordinator.
Ania Cotton

Hampton U '18

Ania is a charismatic, outgoing, fun loving individual with aspirations of owning her own public relations firm. Her favorite shows are Spongebob, Regular Show, and Bob's Burgers, and she loves to eat. Ania graduated from Hampton University in May 2018 with her Bachelors of Arts in Strategic Communications with a minor in Spanish. Ania loves to talk and give advice to her friends and family; the motto that she lives by is to always be a blessing to others because you never know who may need it. To learn more about her, visit her website at www.anianicole.com.