5 Binge Worthy Shows to Finish in a Day

Updated Published
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hampton U chapter.

In a world with an abundance of entertainment options, choosing the perfect show to binge-watch can be an overwhelming task, especially if you’re indecisive like me. Whether you’re in the mood for a captivating drama via reality tv, laugh-out-loud comedy, or heart-pounding suspense/thriller, there’s something out there to satisfy every guilty pleasure. To help you navigate the endless sea of streaming content, we’ve curated a list of five binge-worthy shows that are guaranteed to keep you glued to the screen for hours on end. From critically acclaimed classics to hidden gems waiting to be discovered, these shows offer a little something for everyone. Grab your snacks, grab your bae, and get real comfortable on the couch because you’ll be there for awhile.

Limited Series: Kaleidoscope

In this crime drama anthology series, Giancarlo Esposito stars as a seasoned thief leading a crew with plans to steal $7 billion from an impenetrable bank vault. Each episode will be presented in a unique order for viewers, ensuring a dynamic and unpredictable viewing experience, with the exception of the final episode, which remains consistent for all. (Watch on Netflix)

New Series: The Vince Staples Show

In his new Netflix comedy series, “The Vince Staples Show,” the Long Beach rapper offers a glimpse into the chaotic nature of life. From drama-filled family gatherings to eerie encounters at amusement parks, Staples navigates through a spectrum of unique experiences. The series is full of odd moments and awkward silences that leave viewers eagerly anticipating what’s to come next. He goes through the battle between his celebrity status and just a regular guy who makes music in Long Beach. Despite his fame, his name sometimes lands him in trouble, adding an extra layer of complexity to his journey. With each episode spanning between 19 to 26 minutes, this short five-episode series promises an entertaining binge-watch experience. Fans of Vince Staples will appreciate his signature deadpan yet humorous style showcased throughout the series, making it a must-watch for fans. (Watch on Netflix)

Reality TV: Love is Blind

Love is Blind” is a reality television dating show that first premiered on Netflix. The concept of the show revolves around a group of singles who are looking for love and are willing to take a unique approach to finding their soulmate. The twist? They embark on the journey without ever seeing each other face-to-face.

In “Love is Blind,” contestants are introduced to each other through a series of speed dates conducted in individual “pods,” where they can hear but not see their potential matches. Throughout these blind conversations, they attempt to form emotional connections based solely on personality and chemistry.

As the relationships progress, couples who feel a strong connection have the option to propose, sight unseen. Once engaged, they finally meet in person and spend time together in the real world, all while preparing for their upcoming weddings. (Watch on Netflix)

International TV: Fleabag

“Fleabag” is a critically acclaimed British comedy-drama television series created by and starring Phoebe Waller-Bridge. The show follows the life of an unnamed protagonist, referred to as Fleabag, as she navigates modern life in London while dealing with personal struggles and relationships.

One of the unique aspects of “Fleabag” is its fourth wall breaking, with Fleabag frequently addressing the audience directly, offering insights into her thoughts and emotions. This narrative technique adds an intimate and confessional tone to the show, inviting viewers into Fleabag’s world in a deeply personal way. Overall, “Fleabag” has been praised for its inventive storytelling, brilliant performances, and nuanced exploration of the human experience, making it a standout in the world of contemporary television. (Watch on Prime Video)

Author’s Pick: The Bear

“The Bear” is a series that follows Carmy, a fine-dining chef, who returns home to Chicago to take over his family’s sandwich shop after his brother’s sudden death. In this position, Carmy works to transform the restaurant into a high-end spot with the help of his new sous chef, Sydney, a young  Despite being classified as and winning awards a comedy series, the show explores the intricate relationship between passion and destructiveness. It transcends the narrative of two brilliant individuals, Syd and Carmy, struggling under the immense pressure to excel. Instead, it offers a deeper examination, highlighting how our societal fixation on work as a passion can pose risks to our mental well-being. (Watch on Hulu)

Serenity Smith

Hampton U '24

Hi!! I'm a graduating senior at Hampton University majoring in psychology with a premedical concentration from Prince George’s County, Maryland. I'm passionate about mental health and writing. My most creative outlet is writing poetry, but I have a newfound love of writing articles about topics important to me.