Heropng?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
Heropng?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
PB Dorm / Melissa Hines
Style > Decor

5 Amazon Dorm Essentials You Need This Semester

The Her Campus National Editors write about products we love and think you’ll love too. Her Campus has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase. All products are in stock and all prices are accurate as of publication.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hampton U chapter.

I don’t know about you, but I am extremely happy that I’ll be back on campus this fall! After almost two years of staring at a computer and accidentally unmuting ourselves in Zoom, we can finally enjoy in-person classes! One exciting aspect of being back on campus is dorm life. From decor to appliances, there are so many things you can put in your dorm room to make it special. After watching countless “TikTok made me buy it” and endless Amazon haul videos, I have put together a list of five Amazon items that will make your friends say, “Ooh! Where did you get that?!”

Clothing Rack

Let’s face it— dorm room closets are never spacious, and those wardrobes aren’t that much of a help either. Well, a clothing rack just might solve all your closet space needs! This clothing rack from Amazon is not only good for clothes, but it also has shelves to put your shoes or purses on, too! I purchased one and with the help of my little sister, it only took about 45 minutes to build. The best part is that you can order one in black or white to fit your room aesthetic!

Touch Control Table Lamp

Now, I love having lights in my room. Adding LED lights or string lights can add some spice to your dorm room and really “brightens” up the place (apologies for the pun). But this lamp just hits different. With one touch on the base of the lamp, you can change the brightness level and it comes with 2 USB charging ports. If you love pink, then you’ll love the pink lampshade, and don’t worry, a light bulb is included! I bought this one for my dorm and something about simply tapping my lamp, just makes me feel so sophisticated!

Mini Fridge

Now, in my opinion, fridges are key to having an awesome dorm life. So if you want a fridge that holds all of your midnight munchies and sodas, then this fridge is for you! Not only can it hold a six-pack of sodas but you can even put your skincare products inside! With its small compact size, this fridge can sit comfortably on your desk or nightstand. It comes in black, white, pink, blue, and teal, and for no more than $50, this fridge is a great bargain!

3-Tier Rolling Cart

If you’re like me, you have a lot of stuff but little storage to keep it all in. Well, fear no more, because this rolling cart is a gamechanger! It’s great for holding anything and everything! I have one at home and I use to keep all of my skincare and makeup products organized. You can use it as a kitchen cart to hold utensils and food or a bathroom cart for all your toiletry needs. It comes in white, mint green, charcoal, and dusty pink, so it can match your room aesthetic. 

Tri-Fold Lighted Vanity Mirror

Raise your hand if this has happened to you. You’re trying to put makeup on and the lighting in your dorm room is just horrible! Sounds familiar? Or how about when you’re putting on eyeliner and you want that wing to be perfect, but you need a closer look? That is the absolute worst. But this mirror from Amazon is a godsend! It has three magnification panels and it has LED lights! You can adjust the brightness settings with a simple tap and the mirror’s stand has a tray to keep all your small accessories. But that’s not all— it’s USB powered and it rotates 180 degrees! I ordered this mirror and I have no complaints. It’s perfect for seeing your face at all angles so you can get the perfect look! 

So, that’s my list! Trust me, there were many more Amazon products that I could share, but you would be staring at your phone forever! I recommend all of these products and I also recommend that you sign up for an Amazon Prime Student account. You get free shipping, textbooks are cheaper, and so much more! If you sign up, you get a free six-month trial and from there it’s only $6.99 a month. For more details, visit the Amazon Prime Student website, so you can start saving money!

Camille Birdsong is a Her Campus National Writer for the Style section. She writes weekly articles about all things fashion, beauty, lifestyle, and decor. Beyond Her Campus, Camille works as an Associate Producer for CNN Max. She previously worked at NBC News, where she produced heartwarming stories for the TODAY Show audience and viewers nationwide. Camille graduated in 2022 with a B.A. in Journalism and a minor in Leadership Studies at Hampton University. She was the Director and Line Producer of her university’s newscast and has interned at NBC Nightly News, the TODAY Show and the Weekend TODAY Show. Camille is a member of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Incorporated and is passionate about sharing community-driven stories. In her downtime, she loves creating content, visiting new cafes, and obsessing over reality dating shows.