This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hampton U chapter.

Since Hot Girl Summer has officially come to an end, it is now time for Cozy Girl Autumn. Cozy Girl Autumn is a time to reinvent ourselves and heal from our reckless Summer behavior. Well, look no further I have compiled a list of albums that will make this fall season a bit more healing.

Flower Boy- Tyler the Creator 

Tyler the Creator’s fourth studio album was released on July 21, 2017. My personal favorite Tyler the Creator album. This album was has a different sound than what Tyler fans were used to, this evolution was evident through the albums where the artist speaks about his sexuality, his growth and his quest to find happiness. My favorite song from the album is “November”. Tyler the Creator uses “November” as a metaphor to describe a calm setting whenever his mind gets flustered with emotions of not being adequate. With the school year becoming more stressful, it is important to remember what makes you calm and find your “November”.

The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill- Lauryn Hill

The album debuted on August 25, 1998 (a couple years before I was born, yet I sing it like it was written for me). According to Rolling Stone, The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill holds down the tenth spot on the Greatest Rap Album. Currently, my favorite song on the album is “Can’t Take my Eyes About You”. This neo-soul album examines the emancipation of Hill from her group The Refugees, heartbreak, and life as a new mother. With the seasons change, this album is perfect for emancipating ourselves from old flames and relationships that no longer serve us any purpose.

Shea Butter Baby- Ari Lennox

Ari Lennox’s debut studio album was released on May 7, 2019. The title itself just feels like this is an album for grown folks, and grown folks only. My favorite song on the album is “New Apartment”. Throughout this song Ari Lennox is serving single auntie vibes as she takes her listeners through the journey of living alone. Living alone, can be frightening and exhilarating but can be necessary for growth. The funky and soulful songs on the album spills out a sense of comfort and love. The album feels like a warm blanket, which is required for the chilly Autumn weather. In addition, we all need a little more shea butter during the Fall season.

Folklore- Taylor Swift 

I know y’all saw the artist and immediately decided to read no further, but Miss Swift deserves all of her flowers for this masterpiece. Taylor Swift’s Folklore is the epitome of cozy girl Autumn. Any album that has the songs “Cardigan” AND  “August” on it belongs on your Fall playlist. This album also represents the post-pop era of Taylor Switft, where she is allowed to be more vulnerable with her listeners. If Folklore by Taylor Swift is not playing in the background while you’re cuddled up in your favorite blanket and fuzzy socks, you are doing Fall wrong.

As the leaves begin to change, I hope the people we were during the Summer also begin to evolve. Fall is a time for change, therefore our music selections should reflect our evolution. So, happy listening and have a good fall!

Sydney Broadnax

Hampton U '23

Sydney Broadnax is currently a senior journalism major with an area of concentration in english from Detroit, Michigan. She has been in Hercampus since freshman year of college and is excited to serve as 2022-2023 Editor-In-Chief. She cannot wait to share her love for writing with her Hercampus chapter