This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hampton U chapter.

It’s official – one of the most hyped up holidays is upon us. Valentine’s Day is right around the corner. This is going to be your year. You will have a valentine, you and your valentine will have a fun day together, you will give a good gift, and you will receive a gift that you love. While on the topic of gifts, I realized from observing people throughout my life that not many people know how to give good gifts because gift giving/receiving is not their love language. Where many people go wrong is that they focus too hard on what to give instead of first considering the simple things they know about the person. To avoid this roadblock, I recommend trying to figure out what your significant other’s love language is and how you can incorporate that into a gift. Think of something that will be beneficial to her from here on out. If you’re still stuck after that tip, keep reading. Here’s your 2021 Valentine’s Day Gift Guide for Her:

Flowers

You can go to an actual flower shop and get her some expensive roses or you could just stop by your local grocery store and get a nice bouquet from the flower section. It’s the thought that counts. Attach a little love note to them, so it’s even more special for her.

A gift card bouquet

Get multiple gift cards to her favorite places (i.e. Chipotle, the gas station, Bath and Body Works, Starbucks, Lululemon, Dunkin Donuts, Olive Garden) and look up creative ways to put it together.

Romantic date night for two

You can cook her a nice home cooked meal and if you don’t know how to cook, don’t be scared to ask someone for help. Another option is just ordering from her favorite restaurant, picking it up, and setting it up very nicely back at the house. Get some candles, beverages to go with the dinner, some rose petals to go around the seating, and good background music.

Picture collage or video collage of the happy couple

Create a picture collage of you two together and get it printed and framed. You could also go big and get it printed on a blanket, a t-shirt, or a hoodie. Whatever you think she would like best. For the video collage, go ahead and get it made, find a way to broadcast it for her on a big screen, and tell her how you feel about her after. I promise you just made her whole week! 

Plan a weekend getaway

It doesn’t have to be a fancy destination, it could be a small road trip or a nice, chill flight. It’s up to you and what you think your lucky lady would enjoy the most. Go out to eat, sight see, try new activities, take pictures, get adventurous and just make tons of memories with her.

Edible Arrangement, pastry, or candy

This could literally be a dozen chocolate covered strawberries or a dozen donuts. It could be a box of chocolates or a whole cake from a local bakery. It’s all based on what you think your valentine would appreciate the most. An Edible Arrangement is a little more on the pricey side, but I’m sure your girl is worth it and with that choice, there’s a little more variety!

Shoes

Every girl loves a nice pair of shoes, especially ones she didn’t have to buy herself. It could be some Ugg slides, a pair of Crocs she doesn’t have yet, a new pair of Air Force 1s, Jordans, classic Ugg boots, Yeezys or Yeezy slides, Nike slides, or even some good running/walking sneakers. Consider her taste but also consider what she might need. Another cool idea is to attach a quote about walking or running to the shoe box, decorate it, and add a picture of you guys in there. Now the gift is both useful and sentimental!

Hey, my name is Taliah Muhammad. I am a third year International Studies major on the Pre-Law track at the illustrious Hampton University. I love to style outfits for people and discuss politics! I’m very excited to be apart of the Hampton U chapter of Her Campus this year, and I can’t wait to see everything we accomplish!