freestocks ChaY8166imQ unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
freestocks ChaY8166imQ unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Wellness > Sex + Relationships

12 Budget Friendly Ideas for Valentine’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hampton U chapter.

To all the lovers, to all the friends, come closer I have something to tell you!

The time has come, that time of year where all the love bugs are super lovey, all the crushes come out of hiding, all the friends give cute gifts to one another, and all my single babies treat themselves because they are just as important!

With Valentine’s Day around the corner, I have decided to help the people of the world, who may be balling on the budget this Holiday. You want it to still be romantic, meaningful and something that will express the love you have for the person? Well come take a seat and read these 12 Budget Friendly Ideas that I’ve come up for you all!

From Lover to Just Friends, here’s a list:

4 OUTDOOR DATE IDEAS:

1. Have a picnic where you both enjoy to go/ a nice landscape that is NOT infested with bugs! (friends can also do this)

2. Plan a scavenger hunt/ incorporate love letters, flowers, candy etc.  (friends can also do this)

3. Drive-thru movie theater (Cheaper than normal movie theaters by the way)

4. Go camping if you guys both find nature beautiful/ a beautiful night watching the sunset and star, with a bottle of champagne. (Friends can also do this)

4 STAY AT HOME IDEAS:

1. Cook a fancy dinner and light some candles

2. Buy rose petals (super cheap, can find them at the dollar store) leading them through the house, and place them in a shape of a heart and have candles sitting out with their favorite love songs on

3. Buy Redbox movies and have a movie night with popcorn (friends can also do this)

4. Pay homage to the year/day you guys met! Spend some time reminiscing (it is better than you think) pull out old photos, conversations, take about old trips taken. (friends can also do this)

4 DOUBLE DATE IDEAS:

1. Take it back! Skate Night is still a cute and possibly Romantic Valentines date! (Friends can do this)

2. Bowling night. You can do bowling at times where you know it is not going to be a lot people. Just basically you all in there!

3. MAKE IT A CHALLENGE. Play couples against couples. Both couples prepare a FANCY VALENTINES DAY MEAL, and time yourselves or even if its three set of couples, have one couple be the judge of whose meals taste better! (Friends can do this as well)

4. Last but not least….. Simply have a big movie night with popcorn and some wine!

Well I hope this helped some of you! There’s wayyyyy more budget friendly ideas out there guys! Don’t break your pockets trying to impress, the best gifts are the ones from the heart and are thought about thoroughly!

Thank Me Later!

Her Campus Contributor Account