Tea Bag In Mug Moody
Tea Bag In Mug Moody
Nicole Cacolaa / Spoon

Tarot Cards and Its Meanings

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hamline chapter.

I started learning how to use Tarot cards around three years ago, when I broke up with my boyfriend. Since that moment, the Tarot cards have become a spiritual thing that is special to me, and I think you can try it to explore your spirits.

So what is Tarot?

Tarot is a system of cards consisting of 78 cards with detailed pictures, symbols, archetypes that contain many meanings of philosophy, definition, and knowledge about life. These pictures show the people’s thoughts and what they are facing, which help to connect with the inner soul. Therefore, using Tarot is deciphering the secrets hidden in those paintings for the purpose of enlightenment, meditation, contemplation, decoding, divination or even finding inspiration in life.

Today, we know Tarot as a more prophetic tool than any other aspect it can bring, because people always want to know ahead and own the future in almost every field. Humans can and have talked about the future in everything: the smoky heart of slaughtered animals, the shapes of birds flying across the sky, colored stones, bounce coins, tea residues in cups, dry tea … anything. If we can use everything to fortune-tell, why use Tarot? Because the ancient Tarot system has profound meanings, definitions and philosophies that can help us understand many great things about ourselves and life in general.

Is Tarot correctly prophetic?

People still have a deep belief that everything is connected to each other, they have the same meaning. The graph of the cards that appear, correspond to the occuring events, is similar to the diagram of the zodiac signs for a person’s life, the graph of the tea leaves at the bottom of the cup corresponds to the result of the fight. These at first glance are meaningless random because they do not involve the logic of “Cause-effect”, but this idea is always believed by people, and the events taking place according to these prophecies. is still highly accurate by coincidence.

Whether or not the Tarot prophets or any other tool depends on the beliefs and knowledge of its users. If you believe it to be true, then it is true. If you don’t believe it, it will never be right for you.

How can Tarot help you?

With profound meanings and the ancient layers of knowledge hidden in the Tarot deck as well as the beautiful paintings on 78 cards, we can use Tarot as a tool to study the great philosophies, the labor of life, the mysteries of life or to contemplate meditation, to prophesy, to interpret, to analyze aspects of a problem, to suggest future or simple directions just use it as a creative inspiration to make life more interesting and full of ideas.

In addition, because of the love for Tarot, many people have been motivated to practice the foreign language better to read more mystical materials, to enter new fields in order to seriously pursue the path of understanding Magical Tarot cards such as art, painting, literature, culture, history, philosophy and even psychology … or areas related to the specific deck inspired by that. This thing makes the Tarot not only attractive because of the amount of knowledge it brings, but also because of the positive things that a passionate pursuer can get.

Tarot was originally created to be used as a tool, so how to use a great tool effectively, that’s a great challenge for you! Try the experience and feel!

Mien Le

Hamline '23

I'm from Vietnam. It means I am Hamline's international student. My major is Communication but I enjoy reading and writing the newspaper. I am a talkative person and I would be happy if you read my articles and discuss them with me. I love taking photos, singing, and dancing. Feel free to contact me!!
Kat McCullum

Hamline '21

English major with Creative Writing tendencies