This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hamline chapter.

On Tuesday, my friends and I attended the Glow Hunt event for Hamline Homecoming. It was put on by the Hamline University Programming Board, which is a student organization on campus who organizes group events for students. 

On the night of the event, everyone met at the Anderson Center and got handed a piece of paper with a color on it. The object of the game was simple: to find as many glow sticks of that color as humanly possible. Once they told us we could go, at least 50 students sprinted out of the Anderson Center and flooded campus! Since I was more focused on enjoying the event and had a friend with me who could not run due to medical issues, I was not a sprinter and therefore did not get many glow sticks. We walked around campus watching everyone run and search every corner of the allowed space for the game. It was fun to watch how people worked together, or not, in order to get the most out of the game. 

The whole event was pretty much over in about 20 minutes, and we returned to the Anderson Center with varying amounts of glow sticks in our hands. After everyone got back the winners were announced. The winners were the people who had the most of each color of glow sticks. The prizes were Hydroflask coffee mugs provided by the Programming Board. VSCO girl vibes for all! 

Even though I didn’t win, it was still a great event and totally worth going to. It was fun to see everyone having a good time, and you could tell that everyone loved participating. Part of the reason I love living on campus is that there are tons of events that are free and close to you. (Granted, since it was Homecoming week there were more, but there are many events at other times too!) If you haven’t done many events so far at Hamline, I would highly recommend them. They are a great opportunity to hang out with friends, meet new ones, eat free food and get to try new things. I hope to see you at an event in the future!

Hi! My name is Evelyn and I am studying psychology and sociology.
Skyler Kane

Hamline '20

Creative Writing Major, Campus Coordinator for Her Campus, and former Editor and Chief for Fulcrum Journal at Hamline University