person taking photo of pants and shoes
person taking photo of pants and shoes
SHTTEFAN/Unsplash

Dogs of Hamline Instagram

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hamline chapter.

Photo of Pippin by Stasia Higgins, posted to Dogs of Hamline.

Dogs of Hamline (@dogsofhamline) is everything I’ve ever wanted in an Instagram account. Pictures of adorable dogs with funny captions—what more could you ask for?

Caption: “Penny the pomsky! I don’t know the traits of the breed, but based on my experience today I have no hesitation saying that they are absolutely perfect dogs and I’m going out to adopt seven of them right now today this minute.” Photo by Dogs of Hamline.

Dogs of Hamline is dedicated to documenting any and all dogs spotted on campus (as well as the occasional cat).

Caption: “Saw this really strange dog outside today… the face is sort of pointed and apparently she doesn’t bark… maybe it’s a designer breed? Does anyone know??” Photo by Dogs of Hamline.

It’s the perfect stress-reliever when you have a big exam to study for and need some joy in your life.

Caption: “It’s one in the morning but I cannot sleep I keep thinking about this old man’s eyebrows….the most impressive eyebrows… I will be up all night wondering what I did to be so blessed by this vision…. this visionary… this misunderstood genius.” Photo by Dogs of Hamline.

There’s never a shortage of new posts, since several dogs live on campus and it’s a pretty popular location to walk dogs (it might have something to do with our massive squirrel and bunny populations).

Caption: “The prettiest girl in town!!” Photo by Dogs of Hamline.

Any kind if dog you want, they’ve got it! There are old dogs:

There are spooky dogs:

Caption: “Sophie!!! Her dad found her at a gas station 8 years ago and now they’re best friends. She’s got herself a super spooky Halloween sweater and also my whole entire heart.” Photo by Dogs of Hamline.

There are working dogs:

Caption: “A genuine judge sighting. 9/19/18. Witness said judge disappeared back into the wild before she could get a decent look at him, but appeared to be ‘a very good boy.’” Photo by Dogs of Hamline.

There are even fluffy dogs:

Caption: “Hey guys look it’s the actual love of my liiiiife.” Photo by Dogs of Hamline.

They accept submissions, so start taking pictures!

Stasia Higgins’s first Dogs of Hamline submission. Caption: “This is Pippin and I love him. He was very distracted by all the squirrels but he let me pet him and made my morning 1000x better – @stasia_ella thank you so much woah ✨✨✨” Photo by Stasia Higgins, posted on Dogs of Hamline.

Thanks so much to Dogs of Hamline for letting us use some of our favorite dog sighting photos for this article!

I study Criminal Justice at Hamline University, with minors in Forensic Science and Creative Writing.
Skyler Kane

Hamline '20

Creative Writing Major, Campus Coordinator for Her Campus, and former Editor and Chief for Fulcrum Journal at Hamline University