Best​ ​Ways​ ​To​ ​Spend​ ​Your​ ​Weekend​ ​If​ ​You​ ​Live​ ​On​ ​Campus

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hamline chapter.

Are​ ​you​ ​sitting​ ​in​ ​your​ ​dorm​ ​room​ ​on​ ​the​ ​weekends?​ ​STOP!​ ​Don’t​ ​just​ ​have​ ​an​ ​average weekend,​ ​get​ ​out​ ​and​ ​have​ ​a​ ​great​ ​weekend.​ ​The​ ​weekend​ ​is​ ​a​ ​time​ ​for​ ​students​ ​to​ ​take​ ​a​ ​break from​ ​school​ ​work​ ​and​ ​not​ ​to stare  ​at​ ​a​ ​computer​ ​screen​ ​for​ ​hours​ ​on​ ​end.​ ​Hamline​ ​is​ ​a small​ ​campus,​ ​but​ ​the​ ​options​ ​are​ ​endless​.

Try​ ​something​ ​new,​ ​the​ ​time​ ​is​ ​all​ ​yours.​ ​If​ ​you​ ​are​ ​worried​ ​for​ ​those​ ​big​ ​exams​ ​the​ ​following week,​ ​study.​ ​No​ ​one​ ​is​ ​telling​ ​you​ ​what​ ​you​ ​can​ ​and​ ​can’t​ ​do​, ​but​ ​it​ ​is​ ​always​ ​nice​ ​to​ ​get​ ​outside and​ ​​meet​ ​new​ ​people. ​Join​ ​a​ ​new​ ​club ​Get​ ​out​ ​of​ ​your​ ​comfort​ ​zone.​ ​College​ ​is​ ​where people​ ​start​ ​to​ ​know​ ​who​ ​they​ ​really​ ​are,​ ​and​ ​it​ ​is​ ​your​ ​turn​ ​to​ ​do​ ​the​ ​same​.​ ​It​ ​is​ ​okay​ ​if​ ​you didn’t​ ​like​ ​certain​ ​things,​ ​just​ ​think​ ​hey​ ​at​ ​least​ ​you​ ​tried.

Yes,​ ​we​ ​all​ ​know​ ​that​ ​it’s​ ​getting​ ​to​ ​that​ ​time​ ​of​ ​year​ ​where​ ​it​ ​is​​ ​chilly​ ​outside,​ ​but​ ​there are multiple​ ​things​ ​to​ ​do​ ​inside​ ​as​ ​well.​ ​Attend​ ​a​ ​new​ ​activity​ ​put together by the​ ​Programming​ ​Board​ ​for​ ​​students.​ To find out what’s happening around campus go to What’s Happening at Hamline.

If​ ​you​ ​are​ ​one​ ​of​ ​those​ ​people​ ​that​ ​like​ ​to​ ​just​ ​lay​ ​low​ ​on​ ​the​ ​weekends,​ ​there​ ​are ​still​ ​a​ ​ton​ ​of things​ ​for​ ​you​ ​to​ ​do​.​ ​Hang​ ​with​ ​friends​ ​in​ ​each​ ​other’s​ ​dorm​ ​rooms.​ ​Whether​ ​it’s​ ​watching movies,​ ​getting​ ​take-out,​ ​catching​ ​up,​ ​playing​ ​Cards​ ​Against​ ​Humanity ​or​ ​just​ ​goofing​ ​off, you’re sure to have a good time. But if​ ​you​ ​and​ ​your​ ​friends​ ​are​ ​the​ ​type​ ​of​ ​people​ ​that​ ​like​ ​to​ ​explore​, ​there​ ​are ​​tons​ ​of​ ​things​ ​to​ ​do around​ ​campus.​ ​We​ ​also ​live​ ​in​ ​the​ ​cities,​ ​so go​ ​on​ ​an​ ​adventure​ ​with​ ​your​ ​friends!​ ​There​ ​are ​so many​ ​things​ ​to​ ​do​ ​in​ ​St.​ ​Paul​ ​and​ ​Minneapolis, ​such​ ​as​ ​going​ ​to​ ​concerts,​ ​the​ ​mall,​ ​exploring  Minnehaha​ ​Falls​ ​or​ ​the​ ​Sculpture​ ​Garden.​ ​These​ ​are​ ​all​ ​great​ ​ways​ ​to​ ​get​ ​out​ ​of​ ​the​ ​dorms​ ​for​ ​the day.

Cheer​ ​loud​ ​and​ ​support​ ​Hamline’s​ ​sports​ ​teams.​ ​This​ ​is​ ​a​ ​fantastic​ ​way​ ​to​ ​get​ ​out​ ​of​ ​the​ ​dorms​ ​for a​ ​couple​ ​hours​ ​and​ ​to​ ​watch​ ​the​ ​top​ ​athletes​ ​compete​ ​in​ ​some​ ​good​ ​matches.​ ​Since​ ​it​ ​is​ ​now getting​ ​into​ ​winter​ ​some​ ​of​ ​the​ teams you cheer on  ​are​ ​men​ ​and​ ​women’s​ ​hockey,​ ​men​ ​and women’s​ ​basketball, swimming​ ​and​ ​diving​ ​and  ​gymnastics.​ ​

It​ ​might​ ​not​ ​seem​ ​like​ ​there​ ​is​ ​things​ ​to​ ​do​ ​around​ ​campus,​ ​but​ ​there​ ​always​ ​is.​ ​So​ ​make​ ​your weekend​ ​fun​,​ ​exciting​ ​and​ ​one​ ​to​ ​always​ ​remember.​ ​Shut​ ​your​ ​computer​ ​off,​ ​set​ ​your​ ​books aside​ ​and​ ​make​ ​memories​ ​because​ ​that​ ​is​ ​what​ ​college​ ​is​ ​all​ ​about.

Madelaine Formica is nineteen. She is the Campus Correspondent for the Hamline HerCampus Chapter. She's been published for her scripts on jaBlog and for a short story in Realms YA magazine. She's also a senior reporter for The Oracle and a literary editor for Fulcrum literary magazine.