Best Starbucks Drinks for Those Who Don’t Like Coffee

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hamline chapter.

Fall is arguably the best season; it’s the perfect time for apple orchard trips, pumpkin carving, scary movie nights, sweaters and hot drinks. Starbucks is famous for their fall collection of drinks, but for some of us, it can be hard to get into the fall spirit when you can’t handle the taste of coffee. Instead of bearing the bitterness, sip on these coffee-free drinks:

Chai Tea Latte:

This is definitely something everyone should try at Starbucks. You can get it iced or hot, and many of the fall flavors go well with the sweet and spiced flavor of chai. My personal favorite is a Maple Pecan Chai Latte.

Refreshers:

If the caffeine in coffee appeals to you, refreshers are a good way to mix up your drink order while still getting some caffeine.

“I like them because they’re a great substitute for a cold coffee drink,” first-year Ally Gall said.

The many flavor options of refreshers include Cool Lime, Very Berry Hibiscus and Strawberry Acai.

Hot Herbal Teas:

Unfortunately, fall is also a time when many of us get sick. A hot tea is guaranteed to make you and your throat feel so much better. Starbucks even offers what they call a “cold-buster” tea, which helps to soothe symptoms of the common cold. Regardless of whether you have a cold though, teas are a relaxing and healthy choice.

Tea Lemonade Infusions:

These drinks are the perfect combination of the flavor of tea and the sweetness of lemonade. There are so many fun flavors to pick from, and your base can be white, black or green tea. Plus, these teas are a lot lower in calories than other featured drinks, making them a light and refreshing option.

Hot chocolate:

Hot chocolate is an important part of fall and winter, although it can be enjoyed at anytime.

“It’s one of those things where whenever I drink it, I know that I’m going to get a little mood boost,” first-year Zach Dickmeyer said. You can’t help but feel warm and fuzzy inside when you sip a hot chocolate from Starbucks.

Apple Spice:

To be completely honest, I didn’t know that these existed until recently. It’s an interesting drink choice that might be delicious to some people and weird to others. The caramel apple spice drink consists of steamed apple juice and cinnamon dolce syrup, and is topped with whipped cream and caramel drizzle. If this sounds a little too over-the-top for you, it’s also possible to order steamed apple juice and pretend that it’s cider.

Although these drink choices are great for those people who don’t like coffee, even those who do can enjoy the spiciness of Chai, the sweetness of a Tea Lemonade and the fulfillment of a hot chocolate.

Madelaine Formica is nineteen. She is the Campus Correspondent for the Hamline HerCampus Chapter. She's been published for her scripts on jaBlog and for a short story in Realms YA magazine. She's also a senior reporter for The Oracle and a literary editor for Fulcrum literary magazine.