All the Student Discounts You Never Knew About

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hamline chapter.

Did you know that you can get all sorts of amazing discounts with your university email address? There are so many companies who give student discounts that many students just don’t know about! I recently found out about some of the awesome discounts out there and I want to share the best ones with you.

Amazon Prime:

Amazon Prime has a little bit of everything: streaming movies and TV shows, a library of free Kindle and Audible books, music streaming, photo storage and, of course, free 2-day shipping. Did you know that you can get a Prime Student membership for just $6.49 a month? If you use Amazon as a primary place to shop, that’s about the cost of shipping one package. If you really love your Prime, you can get an annual subscription for $59 a year—that’s less than $5 a month! Regular Prime subscriptions cost $12.99 a month or $119 a year, so we get it for nearly half the cost. But wait: it gets even better. Everyone gets a free 6-month trial membership of Prime. Go Amazon!

Streaming Bundle:

If you spend most of your leisure time on Netflix, you may want to consider this deal. Hulu, Showtime and Spotify have teamed up to give students an awesome bundle on music, TV shows and movies. For just $4.99 a month you get all 3 streaming services! That’s Spotify Premium, Showtime Streaming Service and Hulu Limited Commercials for the price of a small coffee. Even the most basic Netflix plan costs $7.99 a month, and they don’t have the latest hits.

MyUnidays:

This website has EVERYTHING. I just found it last week and I wish someone had told me about it earlier! Unidays is a site that partners up with hundreds of online stores to give student discounts. All you do is make an account with your student email, then whenever you’re shopping at a store with a student discount, Unidays will give you a one-time coupon code for that purchase. There’s no limit to how many discounts you can use. When I say this store has everything, I really mean it! Unidays has discounts on popular clothing stores (Aeropostale, Calvin Klein), accessories (Kate Spade, Ray-Ban), activewear (Adidas, New Balance), makeup (MAC, Too Faced), technology (Logitech, Apple Music) and even things like contact lenses and bus tickets! The discounts are usually 10% to 30% off, but some stores go as high as 50% off—just for students. I’m never online shopping again without checking Unidays for a discount code.

There are student discounts out there just waiting to be used, but they aren’t any good to us if we don’t know about them! Share these student deals with your friends, and keep looking for more! It never hurts to ask a store (in-person or online) if they give a student discount. The worst they can say is no.

I study Criminal Justice at Hamline University, with minors in Forensic Science and Creative Writing.
Skyler Kane

Hamline '20

Creative Writing Major, Campus Coordinator for Her Campus, and former Editor and Chief for Fulcrum Journal at Hamline University