This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hamline chapter.

Hamline students swarmed to TCF Bank Stadium Sunday, October 21 to take part in the 50k to the midway celebration and the last Minnesota United Loons home game by filling the stadium with 50,000 fans. The game was the last one to be played at TCF Bank Stadium before the Loons move to Alliance Field next season.

Hamline Sophomore (Left) Josephine Sanchez and friend Kara Young cheer on a goal shot early in the first half. Photo by Ryan Saufferer.

The game toppled an attendance record that stood for 42 years of 49,572 with a stadium packing 52,252. The stadium buzzed with excitement enjoying the pre-game concert performed by Sawyer’s dream

Sawyer’s Dream wrapping up their set before the game. Photo by Ryan Saufferer.

While the 3-1 loss to the LA Galaxy tried to pull down the crowd’s spirit, the fans continued to cheer until the end.

Members of the Minnesota Loons Fan Club Dark Cloud keep the energy alive throughout the game. Photo by Ryan Saufferer.

Even with a loss, the 50k to Midway event ended in a bang with a fireworks show and performance by local artist Harmar Super Star. All in all, the event was a success, even if the game wasn’t.

Hamline students certainly know by now that the Loons are moving just down the road from us, on Snelling. This will make events such as this even more accessible to Hamline students and offer Loon fans a home of their own.

Skyler Kane

Hamline '20

Creative Writing Major, Campus Coordinator for Her Campus, and former Editor and Chief for Fulcrum Journal at Hamline University