Thinking Positive: 5 Benefits of Final Exams

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hamilton chapter.

1. Extreme Bonding

With mutual suffering comes a massive sense of community. One of the easiest times to bond with people is during 3 AM study sessions after you have been running off coffee alone for the past 48 hours. Support each other. Help one another. Enjoy the quality time and try to make the best of it.

2. You Get to Vent Your Stress and No One Will Judge

Everyone expresses their stress in a different way. Eat a whole sleeve of Oreos, start randomly singing, climb a tree. Just about all the students on campus are halfway to a mental breakdown so no one will judge you for being a little weird.

3. The Privilege of Sleeping in the Library

Obviously, the comfiest place on campus isn’t your bed, it’s the chairs in the Library. Bring a blanket to take naps in between study sessions, and get the best sleep of your life!

4. You Can Make up for a Lackluster Performance During the Past Few Months

Many classes weigh finals very heavily, and if you study hard for a week or so, they can help recover your GPA if you have had a rougher semester. While it can be tempting to slack during these final weeks, it’s important to power through. You will thank yourself later.

5. Afterwards, you get a Whole Month to Recover

Yes, finals take a lot out of you, but in the end a month-long break is a ridiculously disproportionate award. Take a trip, enjoy food that isn’t commons, and sleep all you want.

Emma Ritz

Hamilton '20

Emma Ritz is a Junior at Hamilton College in New York, majoring in world politics. 
Allison Donlan

Hamilton '18

.