Lainie Smith ’16

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hamilton chapter.

Name: Lainie Smith

Class Year: 2016

Hometown: Bethlehem, PA

Major: Creative Writing

Relationship Status: Single

What kind of awesome things are you involved in on campus?

I am a member of the women’s cross-country, indoor track, and golf teams, the event coordinator of the Sidekicks program, and a regular of the bowling club (despite my lack of ability to bowl whatsoever).

Describe yourself in three words.

Bubbly, competitive, and gullible.

What’s your favorite source of procrastination?

Writing an email to my grandmother, reading my horoscope, braiding my hair, or making string friendship bracelets.

Describe your soulmate.

Blue eyes, THE BEST snuggler, athletic, humble, respectful, tells good stories, respects my need to plan everything in my life but is spontaneous enough to break me out of that, and loves kids and sports.

What’s your favorite article in your wardrobe?

So I have this light blue halter top with these stars on it… I’m obsessed with it. But it got ruined with paint two weeks ago. It couldn’t even be salvaged by my Mom’s laundry skills (that says something).  Because I loved it so much, I bought a new one. It has yet to be worn because I’m so traumatized from its last experience.

What is your favorite part about Hamilton?

The fall, the hot chocolate machines in the dining halls, and how open everyone is to new friendships. 

Katherine is currently a sophomore at Hamilton College. She loves her school, penguins, dancing and is always down for a good adventure.
-