This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hamilton chapter.

Name: Jimmy Nguyen

Class Year: 2014

Hometown: Medford, MA (but I spend most of my time in the Siuda Admissions Office)

What or who do you consider to be your style inspiration? I get inspiration from a variety of sources ranging from all eras including traditional rugged worker wear from the Great Depression, nautical fisherman styles, and ivy league prep. 

Favorite place to shop? Newbury street in Boston. My favorite stores are Scotch and Soda, and GANT

My style is: comfortable and effortless.

Favorite article of clothing: Wallace and Barnes cable knit or my GANT fisherman sweater.

What’s your favorite trend? Trends are tacky, I think it’s best if people develop their own sense of style or fashion.

Do you have a signature look? I have to wear shirt and tie for admissions interviews, which is why sometimes I’m overdressed for class! But always have to wear a cardigan! Layers, layers and more layers!

Courtney is a sophomore at Hamilton College who is majoring Psychology and minoring in Sociology and Spanish. She enjoys tour guiding, writing, and living on the dark side.
-