Get to Know Adelaide Fuller

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hamilton chapter.

Get to Know Adelaide Fuller

Name: Adelaide Fuller

Class Year: 2017

Major(s)/Minor(s): Music Major, History Minor, hopeful Women’s Studies Minor

Residence Hall: Milbank

Favorite song right now: First Aid Kit’s cover of America by Simon & Garfunkel (thanks Carolyn and Jessie for introducing me to this band)

Extra curricular activities (list): Hamiltones a cappella music director, Hamilton College Choir, voice lessons, piano lessons… all music related. I also work in Opus, which I guess isn’t an extra curricular but I think it’s pretty cool!

What’s your favorite extra curricular and why? Definitely being the music director in the Hamiltones. It’s so cool figuring out how to be a leader and a listener in a group composed of some of my best friends on campus (not to mention they’re all extremely talented and so fun to sing with). They’re so patient with me and I feel like I’m gaining so much from this experience.

If you could choose your dream job right now, what would it be and why? I think my dream is to continue to make music a big part of my life.  As a young person it would be so cool to sing in a band that tours minimally but that has a good fan base, probably while working another job. There’s a part of me that will always need to perform in some capacity. I’ve been on stage so much in my life so far and I love it dearly. In the far future I want to conduct a college choir, because all the biggest influences in my musical career have been conductors and I want to help young people become as excited about singing as I am.

What’s something you’d want the Hamilton community to know about you, that they might not already? I really love making new friends, but I’m not very good at it. So if one day I awkwardly ask you if you want to get lunch or something, know it’s definitely not out of the blue and I’ve been building up courage for a while.

Also, I really love naps.

Pancakes or waffles? A small waffle with EVERYTHING on it. I’m talking berries, whipped cream, chocolate chips, real maple syrup, the whole nine yards… I’m hungry.

Big spoon or little spoon? I’m 5’2” so I’m not sure I’ve ever had that choice, but I thoroughly enjoy little-spooning. I’m content.

Carolyn is a junior at Hamilton College. She is a Women's Studies major and Government minor. Carolyn loves to play acoustic guitar, sing a cappella music, travel and draw!