This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hamilton chapter.

Name: Fiona Glen

Class Year: 2017

Major(s): Probably a combination of mystery modern languages!

Nationality: British (Scottish really, but we’re not a proper country for now)

What activities are you involved in on campus?

Are you ready? Okay: ISA, Model UN, club soccer, Hogwarts, Project SHINE, HOC, Rainbow, Womyn, All Beliefs, various language and culture clubs and hopefully Debate and IMF in the future! Plus I can’t wait for the snow sports next season!!! So skiing soon!!!

Light or dark side?

I love the whooole campus! One world!

The hottest songs on your playlist this week/month?

‘All of You’ by Tanlines, ‘Skirts’ by The Other Tribe (best summery song ever!), and ‘She Changes the Weather’ by Swim Deep.

What adventurous thing would you like to do in the future (ex. bungy jumping, skinny dipping, get hitched in Vegas, go hitchhiking from one coast to the other,etc)?

I want to go to everywhere and see everything! My next big adventure is to travel the US for a month after finals this year, so if anyone fancies a nationwide road/train trip…

What’s the best part of your life in the US?

So far everyone is lovely and I’m always stunned by things like chipmunks and yellow school buses – literally everything is the best!! Also the abundance of peanut butter in food is so so good but so so bad…

Which are you favorite movie(s)?

‘Priscilla, Queen of the Desert’, ‘Romeo+Juliet’ and ‘Love Actually’

What is(are) the first thing(s) you notice in a guy?

Cheekbones. They are the best kind of bones ;)

Who’s your campus crush?

Well, there’s this random guy … and I fancy his awesome, grungy hi-tops – do shoes count? Aside from that there’s an overflow of attractive people here, daily life is picturesque!

What is an interesting fact or story about your country?

Scotland often wins the elephant polo world championships. It’s the only sport we can do, which is weird seeing as the closest elephants are about 5,000 miles away…. Also our national animal really is a unicorn – apparently a symbol of ‘masculinity’!

Which is your favorite travel destination?

So far Amsterdam – but who knows where else I’ll find! Also, northwest Scotland is gorgeous.

Hristina is a sophomore at Hamilton College. She works for the Bulgarian popular science magazine "Spisanie 8" translating articles from Bulgarian to English. She loves travelling, cooking and reading books. Her interests vary from sports and theatre to politics and technology.
-