Fall Means the Return of Pumpkin Spice and Everything Nice, Especially Football

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hamilton chapter.

Fall is one of the best times of the year—from the large comfy sweaters, to the crisp apples, the fresh Cider Mill donuts, and the changing colors of the leaves, this season is full of magnificent events. One event I always look forward to is the return of football. Watching a football game is one of the most riveting times of the day, and sometimes even the week.

Growing up in a football family definitely enhanced my love for the game. Both my father and brother played college football and I even played football when I was younger (yes, I am a girl and yes, I did play football). I miss how every Sunday at home I would sit down with my family in the living room and we would watch football games all day long, no matter who was playing; however, we did fancy when our favorite team was playing.

I plan to continue to be the avid football fanatic I am, along with my fellow football-loving Continentals up here on the Hill. It gets me so excited for the start of the season whenever I walk past Steuben Field and see the Hamilton Football Team practicing because it is a reminder that the start is right around the corner. A good-ole game of football will never be beat. The high energy, hard hits, and the occasional Hail Mary’s are what make football so exciting. And you cannot forget the phenomenal tailgate parties prior to the games. Whether it is the occasional Thursday evening, the coveted Friday night under the lights, a full schedule on Saturday, or a brisk Sunday afternoon, I am always ready to gear-up and watch a football game unfold.

You should gear-up too this season and head on over to Steuben Field to cheer on your Hamilton Continentals!

October 8 at 1pm versus Trinity College

October 15 at 12pm versus Bowdoin College

October 29 at 1:30pm versus Williams College

November 5 at 1pm versus Middlebury College

My name is Timary and I am a freshman at Hamilton College. I play ice hockey for the Continentals. Although unsure of exactly what I want to major in, I am leaning towards being a biology major. I am so excited to be a part of HC!
Allison Donlan

Hamilton '18

.