Fall 2016 Holiday Survival Kits!

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hamilton chapter.

The second Survival Kits of the semester are here! We’re so excited about all the goodies in this one – thank you to our sponsors for brightening up the end of the semester!

Here’s a look at what we got:

The Wangs vs the World by Jade Chang:

This book comes to us from Book of the Month, a subscription service that selects the best new books each month and allows members to pick which one they want (and, if they choose, up to two additional ones for just $9.99 each). It’s a great way to get exposed to new writing and it seems fun to get a book in the mail every month. The Wangs vs the World is from their October options, and it’s about a Chinese-American family facing economic difficulties. It looks like a great read! BOTM also sent a cute tote bag, bookmarks, and coupons for one free month. Perfect for winter break. 

Yogi tea:

I love tea at any time of year, but especially in the winter! We received samples of Sweet Tangerine Positive Energy, and Green Tea Blueberry Slim Life. Yogi tea is really good, especially when studying for finals. It will also be nice to curl up with a cup at home once the semester’s over.

Leaders Cosmetics Sheet Masks:

Face masks are fun and relaxing to use, especially during stressful times. These ones are cruelty-free, which is really important to a lot of people, including me. They’re made with coconut gel and they contain nutrients that nourish your skin. One type Leaders sent us is the 7 Wonders Amazonian Acai Anti-Pollution Mask, which is designed to combat the effects of pollution on your skin! There’s also the 7 Wonders Caribbean Coconut Calming Mask, for soothing irritated skin and reducing redness. The last one is the 7 Wonders Kalahari Melon Moisturizing Mask, which is great for dealing with the cold dry air on the Hill this time of year.

Rimmel London makeup:

I’m really glad we got more Rimmel makeup in this Kit. I don’t like splurging on cosmetics, but obviously I want nice quality makeup, and Rimmel delivers great products at very reasonable prices, which is perfect for college students. In this box we got Scandaleyes Original Mascara, Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl Eyeliner, Provocalips 16H Kissproof Lip Colour, and Natural Bronzer. I always like Rimmel mascara, and the lip gloss came in two really nice colors (there are 5 other shades). The eyeliner goes on very smoothly, which is perfect if you always struggle with eyeliner, like I do. Sadly, the bronzer is a bit too dark for me, but it seems like a good product.

Pure Silk shaving cream:

It’s always useful to get shaving cream samples. These came in Raspberry Mist, and they contain a moisturizing formula – again, moisture is much-needed in the winter, at least in cold places like New York!

Allison Donlan

Hamilton '18

.