Erin McCulloch ’16

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hamilton chapter.

Name: Erin McCulloch         

Year: 2016

Hometown: Denver, CO

Intended Major: World Politics

Do you have an inspiration for your style?

Above everything what really shaped my style was living in London last fall. All Londoners (even the men) were way more fashionable than me. Sadly, the yoga pants had to go. In an attempt to look celebrity-savvy, I would say Sofia Coppola defines classy and Rachel Bilson somehow always pulls off the perfect casual. I’m obsessed with Kate Hudson’s flowing boho dresses and Zooey Deschanel’s fun, retro style. Really, what would be ideal is if I could just combine all of these ladies’ clothes into one closet….

Where is your favorite place to shop?

Sigh- everywhere. I have a tragic online shopping addiction that started in AP Euro my senior year. When I’m good and don’t waste my money online (modcloth is my weakness), I LOVE Zara, last season’s Free People sold at Nordstrom Rack, the Urban sale rack, and anything I can afford at American Apparel.

How would you describe your style?

By day, anything and everything ranging from relaxed to feminine to vintage to preppy. I love flowy dresses and skirts, and I’ll just throw on a loose sweater or flannel over one for fall and winter. By night, it’s all about the ugly hobo rags I roll up to Commons in after swim practice (if attempting this look, be sure to suction goggles to your face for at least an hour before heading out- too cute!).

What is your favorite article of clothing in your closet?

I am obsessed with this one bright-colored, patterned sweater that I stole from my mom’s closet when she tried to donate it to Goodwill. Or, I have an Anthropologie romper that is the comfiest, cutest, easiest thing to wear (until I have to pee). I also cannot express enough how amazing leotards are. I buy mine from the little girl’s ballerina section at Target (it’s whatever) and they are the perfect thing to wear under any skirt.

Any winter trends you are looking forward to?

Scarves, scarves, scarves. Winter is the best reason to wear scarves with every single outfit. And of course fleece feetie pajamas- those never go out of style. 

Katherine is currently a sophomore at Hamilton College. She loves her school, penguins, dancing and is always down for a good adventure.
-